Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Chattering rear end

C

Cessna 182

Rear diff has been chattering when I back up for a year or more. During the last oil change I had the posi traction additive added to the rear end and that seems to have taken care of the problem. Boy oil changes at a garage aren't cheap. Maybe I just am since I am used to doing this myself, but I am getting too old to be crawing around on the floor under a car.

See ya

I had chattering in my C5 while turning a sharp corner. It started a few thousand miles after I bought the car (w/11K on it). Changed the diff oil myself and added the bottle of limited slip stuff. Was OK for about 3K miles. Now its beginning to chatter again. Is this normal? Should I add another half a bottle ~ full bottle of limited slip stuff?

I'd recommend you change your differential fluid and replace it with Royal Purple Max-Gear 75w90. Max-Gear has the right amount of additive already mixed in so you don't have to.

Max-Gear® Synthetic Gear Oil is formulated to improve the efficiency of rear end assemblies and manual transmissions. Virtually eliminates both gear and bearing wear. API GL-4 / GL-5 Certified.

Thanks Bobby, I'll give it a try.

Bobby,
Where can one find Royal Purple products?

-Patrick

How many quarts does the diff take > also does it come in a gallon size container? whats the cost? Thanks...Dr C5 Corvette
PS: how about the Red Line D4 ATF

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom