Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

cheap quick fix for real?

D

dslocum

E-bay has been selling a "chip" from Dynamic Tuning in Florida for all kinds of Chevy's including Vette's. Actually it is a fixed resistor taped into the AIT sensor to fake the computer into thinking the engine is seeing cooler air. It's only $7.95 (a lot for a resistor). Anyone tried it and what are the results? I got one on a lark, but thought I'd get opinion b4 installing. By the way- I cannot find the ait sensor for my 88. I have a Chilton book but it shows 2 locations, one on air intake and one on plenum, and I cant find it at either location. The local Chevy dealer gave a blow pix, but still no find. I either need new glasses for some logical help to find this mysterious sensor. Thanks for any help.
dick

E-bay has been selling a "chip" from Dynamic Tuning in Florida for all kinds of Chevy's including Vette's. Actually it is a fixed resistor taped into the AIT sensor to fake the computer into thinking the engine is seeing cooler air. It's only $7.95 (a lot for a resistor). Anyone tried it and what are the results? I got one on a lark, but thought I'd get opinion b4 installing. By the way- I cannot find the ait sensor for my 88. I have a Chilton book but it shows 2 locations, one on air intake and one on plenum, and I cant find it at either location. The local Chevy dealer gave a blow pix, but still no find. I either need new glasses for some logical help to find this mysterious sensor. Thanks for any help.
dick

Bottom of plenum at right rear.

thanks for the info. Is it actually under the rear of the plenum to right of center looking at the front of the engine. It appears a bear to get at.
dick

thanks for the info. Is it actually under the rear of the plenum to right of center looking at the front of the engine. It appears a bear to get at.
dick

Like I said, bottom of plenum, right rear. Or for you Navy types, starboard, aft.

You must remove the plenum. You can loosen the runners and leave them attached.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom