Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cheapest place to buy Optispark, water pump

S

sothpaw

My car is getting to that age where these things are going to go.
Assuming I want the parts new, I wonder if there is a specialty store
or should I just look at Corvette Central, Eckler's, Mid-america.

Check out moreperformanceinc.com for the optispark. $369 is about the best I've seen.
Also try Lingenfelter.

Steve

You could try these links:

GM Parts Direct
or
Parts Zone
or
World Parts
or
Vandavere

I've had very good luck with Dal at Vandevere and with Parts Zone(excellent prices and shipping) Vandevere is part of the Worldparts network. GM Parts Direct has great prices, but take you to the cleaners on shipping and handling. These are new parts through dealerships.

My new opticrap was $329 at local GM dealer here in Ohio. Actually, a second dealer said he'd match the price of the first dealer. Go figure! I could not beat it anywhere else.

Water Pump

Found that Evan's hhttp://evanscooling.com/ has a high efficiency water pump for $119.00.

Didn't think that was a good price until I saw the prices of some other high flow pumps-$150.00 +!!!

Anyone know different?

Ouch! Evans lists their SBC pump for $299.95! A rebuilt GM is only $75.

Does the LT1 need a different pump than the L98?

[RICHR]

If you want a really good price for Opti go to www.tld-corvette.com. They are an authorized distributor for AC Delco. They have a complete Opti for $260.00. They sell wholesale to the public. You are getting the price it would cost the dealers.

rrubel said:
Ouch! Evans lists their SBC pump for $299.95! A rebuilt GM is only $75.

Does the LT1 need a different pump than the L98?

[RICHR]

yes, LT1 has a different pump... it is backwards, driven by the camshaft instead of the belt like the L98

You can try Fuel Injection Specialties in Texas. Don't know the price but they have been very helpful to me with several issues.

www.fuelinjection.com

I paid $150 for the water pump for my 92 with lifetime war. (not a pep boys) at a local auto parts store.

Yes, rrubel, you are correct in stating that the Evan's EP Series water pumps are $299, but they are for "Serious Competition".

Their ES Series is their "Street Series". They utilize a modified GM pump that includes an air bleed, bypass and weep holes are plugged, and a high volume impeller.

For an extra $50.00+/-, I like the insurance!:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom