Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Check engine light

jpburks

Corvette
1981 Hardtop Midnight Blue
My car runs great and although I do need to reaise the idle a little, I have good power and smooth running. As I am accelerating or just cruising along, the engine light remains off, but when I let off the gas, the light immediately somes on. Then when I get back on the gas, the light goes out after about 10 seconds. Any ideas as to what my problem is? Thanks guys.

This post is useless without the codes get them read and get back to us with the info.

do you know how to pull the codes out of the computer???

Jump the ALDL terminals A & B turn on ign but do not start and watch the blinking light, first will be a 12 and every blink afterword's need to be counted.Then go to the CAC knowledgebase and read the results. I suggest you get a FSM to do any repairs on your car but do not get the Haynes or Chilton's they are generic. Look on ebay for one.

Under your ash tray is the ALDL connector. The terminals you need to short with a metal paper clip are the two on one end separated by a divider. The check engine light will first flash once, then twice (code 12) then it will begin flashing the trouble code numbers.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom