Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Check It Before You Drive It.

Viet Nam Vett

Corvette
65 BB 502 Cp /MSD ATOMIC EFI/ 2009-HUMMER H2
Just came in fron the gee-rage after doing some minor things to the 65. I was nosen around checking stuf. I had the motor running and my neighboor came over to listen to the Lump Lump didy Lump Lump from the 502. I was checking under the hood looking for leaks and just generally going over things.

My neighboor being very astute said to me.... Is the Alternator susposed to be shaking around like that?? I look over and realized that the alternator was getting ready to jump off of the lower mount..:ugh .

I quickly shut down the motor. The long lower bolt that holds the alternator on the bracket was getting ready to bail out..!! The rear Lock Washer and Nut had popped of who knows when.

That could have been a mess.... Any way.. If your driving your Vette to Carlisle... Take a good look at the nuts and bolts that hold your ride together...

:beer

Good advice, Mark. ;)

I've been over and under Heaven. I'm ready to rumble. :Steer I-81, here I come.

I need to do that; Courtney wants me to check out a bunch of stuff on her car, the 68 is on the lift with no brakes; and I have the barn all torn apart making room for the new additions.;LOL well breaks over back to work.

ps I may not even have time to wax the C5 before I leave, just a quick vacuum inside; change the oil filter check a couple of bolts.

She had new tires put on today and its going to a local shop to do the AC on monday.

I am in the same area that your in, Meaning the car goes away for the majority of the winter. Come April when the salt is off of the roads I do a saftey check on all of the cars, Whitch includes putting a wrench to just about all moving parts to check for tightness.

Just recently on the 62 I was getting a noise from the serpintine belt tentioner only to find the bolt holding it in place was loose.

I removed it and put some loctite on it

Just came in fron the gee-rage after doing some minor things to the 65. I was nosen around checking stuf. I had the motor running and my neighboor came over to listen to the Lump Lump didy Lump Lump from the 502. I was checking under the hood looking for leaks and just generally going over things.

My neighboor being very astute said to me.... Is the Alternator susposed to be shaking around like that?? I look over and realized that the alternator was getting ready to jump off of the lower mount..:ugh .

I quickly shut down the motor. The long lower bolt that holds the alternator on the bracket was getting ready to bail out..!! The rear Lock Washer and Nut had popped of who knows when.

That could have been a mess.... Any way.. If your driving your Vette to Carlisle... Take a good look at the nuts and bolts that hold your ride together...

:beer

Been doing just that... I've put 500 miles on her since my trip to Mobile for the calibration to the FI. Under the hood yesterday and I noticed the idler belt upside down. Get er done, then I found a couple rattles that were very elusive.

Whats wrong with this picture

I know it might be tough for us C1/C2 guys as its not what we see as a suspention normally

pebkac.jpg

Now any body who says dirt, is wrong
is wrong as this car is a driver not a trailer queen

I had to go to work this mornig to water some plants. I took this car in order to fill it with gas.

I hit a pothole and though nothing of it,

I was wiping down the engine bay and just noticed this.

Whats wrong with this picture

I know it might be tough for us C1/C2 guys as its not what we see as a suspention normally

pebkac.jpg

Now any body who says dirt, is wrong
is wrong as this car is a driver not a trailer queen

I had to go to work this mornig to water some plants. I took this car in order to fill it with gas.

I hit a pothole and though nothing of it,

I was wiping down the engine bay and just noticed this.

Glad you caught that..!!!!:ugh

Before every race, we always sent crew members all over the Busch car with wrenches to give it a 'nut and bolt' check. Even with the camper, I always make sure everything is righty tighty before i hit the road! Cheep insurance.

Steve

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom