Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Check out this latest upgrade

I can't ever remember a car's beauty striking me the way that one does,stepenwolf. Breathtaking !

Glenn
:w

G Winter said:
I can't ever remember a car's beauty striking me the way that one does,stepenwolf. Breathtaking !

Glenn
:w

Thanks for your kind words Glenn :beer

Paul, I received the pics, everything look great.

Styepinwolf

Awsome car. What are the specs on the wheels. I've been looking at either
the Intro wheels or a set of Foose Nitrous Black. I'm getting ready to completely rebuild the suspension in my car. With it being 40 years old and the suspension has never been touched, except for the leaf spring, I think its due for an overhaul.

BlackVette66 said:
Awsome car. What are the specs on the wheels. I've been looking at either
the Intro wheels or a set of Foose Nitrous Black. I'm getting ready to completely rebuild the suspension in my car. With it being 40 years old and the suspension has never been touched, except for the leaf spring, I think its due for an overhaul.

Complete VBP suspension upgrade.

Wheels are " Intro " 17"x7" front and rear, with 4.5 backspacing.

Rubber is Goodyear F1 with 215/45/ZR17 in the front, and 225/50/ZR17 in the rear. Unbelievable ride and handling.

Stepinwolf

BlackVette66 said:
Are you using the offset trailing arms??

Nope, no need to because 7" is the widest wheel size you can use without major fiberglass surgery.

Stepinwolf

You sure are right about these midyears driving like trucks. I have a Maxima
that could probably out handle my vette. I was looking at the kits at VBP, and was wondering which one you went with on this project. Thanks
for the info on the wheels. I had read through these forums that you couldn't go larger than a 6 inch wheel with 3 3/8 back spacing. I have a set of 15 inch rallys right now. I'm not sure about the width. I have 215 65/15 on it now.

BlackVette66 said:
You sure are right about these midyears driving like trucks. I have a Maxima
that could probably out handle my vette. I was looking at the kits at VBP, and was wondering which one you went with on this project. Thanks
for the info on the wheels. I had read through these forums that you couldn't go larger than a 6 inch wheel with 3 3/8 back spacing. I have a set of 15 inch rallys right now. I'm not sure about the width. I have 215 65/15 on it now.

The best way to go is with their complete " Performance Plus " ( part # 42000 ) package. You get everything you need to bring your Corvette into something that resembles a vehicle of the 21st century.

The only other thing you could use would be a R+P conversion kit. They " VBP " also distribute one made by " Steeroids " and you can install it yourself in a weekend.

regards
Bob

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom