Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Checking for leaks

Paddywhack

Corvette
1986 Dark red coupe
Hi all...At what point during the rebuild can I check for leaks at the rails/injectors? Fuel rail is re-installed, figured now would be a good time if I could hook up the battery and check. None of the p/s, alt, a/c, air is installed as of yet.
Thanks in advance ;help
:w

So long as injectors are installed correctly and fuel rail is tight you can prime the system. Better to find leaks now before you install rest of intake :thumb

Thanks Vetteoz, thats what I was hoping for! Do the injectors have to be plugged in to the harness to be pressurized?

Just happen to be at this point in my project and here is what I did. Torqued the fuel rail to spec. (25# on side screw and 15# on main 4). Installed new o-rings and tightened down inlet/outlet tubes. Plugged in the TPS and IAC and just set TB aside (no plenum). Installed fuel pressure guage with relief tube. Reconnected battery and turned ignition on for 5 seconds. PSI only reached 20 PSI due to air. Hit relief button to flush out air and fuel in a can. Did this 3 times to get PSI up to normal 40 PSI and to fill the rails with gasoline. Looked for leaks and watched the pressure guage for leak down. That is where I stopped for today. Next will be to torque the runners down and install the plenum. Plenum is pretty ugly inside, so I need to clean it out first.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom