Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Checking out a '90Z

Low mileage 90 ZR1

Jim,
I also recently purchased a low mileage 90 ZR1, and also have a leaking oil cooler line. Did you get your leak fixed? I bought mine in Minn. also. It's lived it's whole life in a garage in St Paul and has 705 miles on it. I haven't got it here yet, as I'm getting it shipped to La. I can't wait to get it here. I may have to go up and get it if it doesn't get here soon. Have you experienced any other problems with yours?

Hi Fenwick,

I saw the ad for the car you bought when I was doing some research. If you end up coming to Minnesota let me know and we can try to catch a beverage.

I bought hoses at a local NAPA store and replaced them myself. Replaced the thermostat also as long as I had everything apart.

Other than the audio system needing an overhaul everything seems to be good on the car. We only put about 250 miles on it before putting it up for the winter.

Hi Fenwick,

I saw the ad for the car you bought when I was doing some research. If you end up coming to Minnesota let me know and we can try to catch a beverage.

I bought hoses at a local NAPA store and replaced them myself. Replaced the thermostat also as long as I had everything apart.

Other than the audio system needing an overhaul everything seems to be good on the car. We only put about 250 miles on it before putting it up for the winter.

I've already been up and bought it. It was delivered on1/11. The car is in great shape, as I expected it to be. The interior and exterior are in perfect condition. There is some dirt and minor surface rust on the under carriage, and I've got it on jackstands now, and I am cleaning it up. I don't think that I have an oil leak, but I'll check it after I get it cleaned up. I have a repair invoice that shows that the previous owner paid over $2000 to repair the radio and replace all four speaker/amplifiers in 2004. The only thing that I've found wrong so far is the diaphragms on both lumbar air pumps. I'm looking for some good material to make new diaphragms for them. I tried some nitrile gloves, but I think that it's a little too thin.
Fenwick

Too bad we missed you being in the TC area but happy you got the car home.

... I don't think that I have an oil leak, but I'll check it after I get it cleaned up. ...

No oil leak on "The Beast", just the lower radiator hose. Replaced all the hoses while I had the coolant drained.

... I have a repair invoice that shows that the previous owner paid over $2000 to repair the radio and replace all four speaker/amplifiers in 2004. ...

Maybe we'll just listen to the sweet music of the engine and exhaust for awhile. The first big expenditure will be to replace all four tires as the originals are cracked/checked.

... The only thing that I've found wrong so far is the diaphragms on both lumbar air pumps. I'm looking for some good material to make new diaphragms for them. I tried some nitrile gloves, but I think that it's a little too thin. ...

No problems with the lumbar areas on "The Beast". Good luck with that project on yours.

90 ZR1hoses

Too bad we missed you being in the TC area but happy you got the car home.

No oil leak on "The Beast", just the lower radiator hose. Replaced all the hoses while I had the coolant drained.

Maybe we'll just listen to the sweet music of the engine and exhaust for awhile. The first big expenditure will be to replace all four tires as the originals are cracked/checked.

No problems with the lumbar areas on "The Beast". Good luck with that project on yours.

What number is your car? Did you replace the hose clamps when you replaced the hoses? THe dealer replaced one of the hoses and the clamps on mine. I would like to get the correct clamp back on it. My car is one of the earlier ones that has the worm gear type clamp. I'm having a problem with the volume level on the radio, and I think that I am going will need to get the control unit repaired.

What number is your car?

Did you replace the hose clamps when you replaced the hoses? THe dealer replaced one of the hoses and the clamps on mine. I would like to get the correct clamp back on it. My car is one of the earlier ones that has the worm gear type clamp.

I reused the clamps. They're the worm gear type as well. I've seen them at most parts stores - hardware stores too.

I'm having a problem with the volume level on the radio, and I think that I am going will need to get the control unit repaired.

Very little if anything comes out of the radio/cd/tape unit. Seems to be a very common problem from what I've been reading in other threads, both here on CAC and on other sites. After buying a set of much needed tires (the originals are shot!) I don't know if the dollars will be there to pull it all out and have it reworked before heading west in June.

ZR1 hose clamps

Thanks for the reply. I want the original type that came with the car. The replacement will work, but I need the original ones for NCRS judging.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom