Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Chevrolet Camaro SS Convertible to Pace Indianapolis 500

Corvette
2012 💯 4LT GS Roadster

DETROIT – A special-edition Chevrolet Camaro Convertible will serve as the official pace car of the 2011 Indianapolis 500. Chevrolet and Indianapolis Motor Speedway officials made the announcement at the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale classic auto auction, where a bidder will have the opportunity to purchase the first of 50 Indianapolis 500 Festival Committee cars.

The 2011 Camaro Convertible is the 22nd Chevrolet chosen to pace “The Greatest Spectacle In Racing®” and the seventh Camaro. Adding to the rich heritage is the fact that 2011 will mark the 100th anniversary of the first Indianapolis 500, as well as the centennial year of Chevrolet.

GM Media

The new Camaro . . .

When the new Camaro came out, I really didn't like the styling. But last week while I was at a dealership, I got a chance of sitting in one and I thinking You know this not too bad, But it would have to be an SS, in black with a tan interior. It's great that a Chevy is going to be the Pace Car at Indy this year, once more a Chevy has be the choice of the officials there. :L

Woah, that's damn nice!

That's the first new Comaro I've seen, that I like.

Wow- it does look really nice!

The prototype was at Barret-Jackson. It looks better in the pics - but I didn't like the color scheme on the 69 either. They did a great job of chopping the top, unlike some of the convertibles of a few years ago.

Camaro @ Indy

Nice! I had a '99 Z28:upthumbs. Great cars.

Still can't beat the look of the original!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom