Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Chevrolet invites fans to celebrate its centennial

Corvette
2012 💯 4LT GS Roadster
Chevrolet kicked off its birthday countdown Wednesday by launching a website for users to share their experiences.

Beginning a 100-day countdown until Chevrolet's centennial on Nov. 3, General Motors launched the Centennial Experience at www.Chevy100.com. The website encourages fans to share their favorite Chevrolet stories or photos and to vote for their all-time favorite car, with options ranging from the 1912 Chevrolet Six to the 2011 Chevrolet Volt. The website will post updated information about centennial celebrations and activities.

"I think it's a great opportunity for people to get engaged with Chevrolet and share their stories and learn about other people stories," said Russ Clark, director of marketing.

Internet radio service Pandora is giving Chevrolet an exclusive radio station at www.pandora.com/chevy100, playing the top 100 songs that mention the Chevy — from Don McLean's "American Pie" to Taylor Swift's "Tim McGraw."

The countdown was announced at the 22nd annual Technical Center Employee Car Show, where 20 employee-owned Chevrolets were selected to participate in the Woodward Dream Cruise. The employee-based car show drew about 850 classic cars, hot rods and special-interest vehicles.

"So many people have worked for Chevrolet and on Chevrolets over the years, and they have the chance to live the 100th anniversary of it," Clark said. "It's great for an old guy like me."

www.detnews.com

Dwayne,

I thought you were "grounded" from the yellow beast. Did Kerri drive it over there for your? LOL

He really isn't grounded from the car, just grounded from exceeding the speed limit. :nono
Which we will never know if he did because he left Kerri at home this trip.

By the way Dwayne is that the sidewalk your driving on?

By the way Dwayne is that the sidewalk your driving on?

Yup, that's the sidewalk at the VEC building of the GM Tech Center in Warren, MI. But maybe that's the way Dwayne has found to keep from speeding. . . .drive on the sidewalks everywhere he goes. :L

Now if he can get from there all the way home this weekend without any problems.

WOW - I'm glad you two are looking out for me...

Dwayne, that's what friends are for. We know you have an addiction. We are your support group!!! :thumb

Hmmmmm.........
VD6fnRrWke4uxNCW2wf11j4LDhXQVwViMkVxK8UCPwdlmKPacHSTauviKw1zEAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom