Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Chevrolet prepares 2011 Caprice Police Patrol Vehicle for Duty

Corvette
2012 💯 4LT GS Roadster

DETROIT – General Motors today announced order and delivery dates, as well as final package specifications, for the 2011 Chevrolet Caprice Police Patrol Vehicle (PPV). The rear-wheel-drive Caprice PPV joins the front-wheel-drive Chevrolet Impala and the Chevrolet Tahoe PPV, making Chevrolet the only brand to offer a full line of police vehicles.

Chevrolet will begin taking orders for the Caprice PPV detective package (9C3) in October 2010. Vehicles will hit the streets in April 2011. Ordering for the police package (9C1) will begin in January 2011 and the vehicles go on duty next June.

“When we began designing our latest police vehicle, we went directly to our customers and found that they were looking for a rear-wheel, large sedan with a V-8 engine,” said Brian Small, general manager, GM Fleet and Commercial Operations. “By announcing the available specs and ordering information now, we’re following through with our promise to provide them with the advanced technologies that best serve their needs for comfort, performance and safety.”

GM Media

Let's hope it's a better package than the FWD Impala offering... :ugh

-Mac

That car should be the Chevy Impala, not a police car. The current Impala is a joke.:puke

Saw an Impala the other day that was all "duded up". I almost split a gut
when I pulled up behind him and noticed that the word IMPALA on the
trunk lid had an extra letter. He must have gotten it from another
Impala letter set because it looked identical as well as perfect.
What did it say, you ask? ....................."PIMPALA" :boogie:boogie:boogie
Which, after I checked the car out a second time, looked to be about right!
Andy :w

That's the former Pontiac/Holden isn't it?

That's what I was thinking....Maybe we'll see it as a Caprice for regular people. Like Catbert said, the current Impala is weak.

Chevrolet has their work cut out for them. Police now prefer the Hemi powered Chargers built by Chrysler.

Chevrolet has their work cut out for them. Police now prefer the Hemi powered Chargers built by Chrysler.

Correct!!:w
We have a ton of them in NJ and they are absolutely invisible without police trim. They are either completely black or navy/black.
It is a real money machine!!:beer

It is a real money machine!!:beer
Admit it - You guys love that HEMI power ! Beats the heck over a V6 Impala or an outdated Crown Vic.

:Steer

This new police Caprice is supposed to have the LS3 under the hood. If so, the Charger cops will be asking the Caprice cops to take the lead in chases!
:D

Cop Rides

Nice to see a new Chevy - ahem, Chevrolet - cop ride but the big boy in this gig is going to be one from Carbon Motors. This thing is built specifically for police duty with integrated information systems, suicide rear doors and sheet plastic rear cabin that can be hosed out for cleaning..... and a BMW diesel engine.
Interesting market for interesting times :ugh

Police cars ?

I knew from the end of the 1996 Chevrolet Caprice Police intercepter sedan that that was A REALLY BAD IDEA on GM's part. Who ever came up with negitive sales figures must have been on drugs. Here in SE Pennsylvania, there wasn't a single local Police department that didn't have 10 to 50 1996 Caprices black and whites of just white police cars. And of course every year they'd lose a few and have to order another ten cars. New york has about 500 cars I believe, I could be wrong, but still replacing a cities police car fleet is going to be a sizable sale.

Then General Motors said they were discontinued the full size Caprice, ( Which was a little cheaper than the Ford Crown Vic) but it abandoned the entire police market to Ford ? What executive came up with that idea ? Oh sure, we make plenty on SUV's so to hell with any kind of Fleet vehicles. Hopefully that IDIOT got his golden parachute and abandoned the ship, Thank you Mr. Wagoner, I'll hold the door for you and please don't ever darken the company's door again. Some of General motors ideas from just ten years ago show that their central tunnel vision was only in big SUV's and that's it.

But I'm trying to constrain myself and not bash the so called management once more. But the damage done to a 100 year old company being DEAD BROKE just knocks me out. But this holden might break through the Dodge Charger's hold onto police duty if it's got the duabilty and speed. I believe it's simply and different version of the Pontiac G8 which would be great as they are built pretty much for tough duty. Be nice if the company could get back on it's feet and we could unload the 60 billion in semi worthless stock we all own. But . . .:w

Its a Holden statesman/caprice,made in Australia....we make great cars down here.....:cool
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

DETROIT – General Motors today announced order and delivery dates, as well as final package specifications, for the 2011 Chevrolet Caprice Police Patrol Vehicle (PPV). The rear-wheel-drive Caprice PPV joins the front-wheel-drive Chevrolet Impala and the Chevrolet Tahoe PPV, making Chevrolet the only brand to offer a full line of police vehicles.

Chevrolet will begin taking orders for the Caprice PPV detective package (9C3) in October 2010. Vehicles will hit the streets in April 2011. Ordering for the police package (9C1) will begin in January 2011 and the vehicles go on duty next June.

“When we began designing our latest police vehicle, we went directly to our customers and found that they were looking for a rear-wheel, large sedan with a V-8 engine,” said Brian Small, general manager, GM Fleet and Commercial Operations. “By announcing the available specs and ordering information now, we’re following through with our promise to provide them with the advanced technologies that best serve their needs for comfort, performance and safety.”

GM Media

I can't wait to get one of those after it is retired from service. Would be a lot of fun for a few thousand dollars.

:lou

Why wait for a great Impala/Caprice? Go to the Middle East and get one of these:

View attachment 1024

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom