Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

child safety restraints

J

jmp

I was flipping throught the original 'vetter users manual and I saw the section on 'child safety restraints'. Talk about hilarious! I don't have it with me right now, so I can't quote exactly, but it went something like this:

If the child cannot sit up, place him/her in a covered bassinet and put the bassinet sideways on the passenger seat. Use the seat belts to securely fasten the bassinet. Optionally, place the bassinet behind the seat (also sideways), using the seat back to secure the bassinet.

Wow!

But it got me thinking... Anyone put a babyseat in their vette. In some respects, I can't see why it wouldn't work. On the other hand, do I trust the 30 year old retractors?! (It's fine for me, but for a baby? :eek )

I know Porsches, for example, need a specialized baby seat (don't know why though), but I haven't seen anything like that for a 'vette.

Mother asked when I was gonna reproduce...

...I told her the 78 only has room for two. Husband or a child. I'd rather have the husband. :D
Silver

Hehe...:) I've got a wife and a kid, so from now on it's going to be me and my missus in the 'vette, with the grandparents and my daughter trailing behind in the family-mobile! And if the grandparents aren't around, I guess it's me in the 'vette with my wife and daughter following in the Explorer! :D
God, that's going to be expensive in gas! :eek

I know its been YEARS since the original post....but.....we now have a toddler and are working on installing a seat.....back in 1985 Chevy actually sent out a Technical Service Bulletin (84-121) regarding installation of a baby seat tether that mounts in the back. (I will eventually post the bulletin at our website)
Our biggest concern is the 23 year old seat belt cinch retractor still operating properly!
Another thread mentioned installing new anchors and a normal lap belt...which may be the way to go!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom