Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

chip

D

dramo1

hey guys, i am interested in getting an upgraded chip..i had bought one from mid-america ..i returned it because all that it seemed to do was kick my fan on at 175 degrees and shut it off at approx 155 so it basically ran all the time..i was looking at exotic muscles web page..does anyone have feedback on them..will a customized chip give me the added horses that i want..the mid-america chip was one size fits all..EM states 20-30 hp gain

thanks

Do a search on chip burners, there are 2 that come to mind. They will do more than turn on your fans sooner,

Fred

you will not get the horsepower you are looking for from a mail order chip. there are a few chip burners on the boards that can help you.

is your car stock? best thing to do is find out how to data log your info so you can send it to one of these chip burners to dial it in alot closer than doing guess work.

I used www.fastchips.com when I needed a personal chip for my ex-92 and was very happy with it.

If your car is stock, a new chip may not help much and you will not see the difference unless you dyno it before and after on the same dyno - same day would be good too.

If your car is stock or even close to stock, the chip will not do much to help you. Even with a full headers to exhaust and cold air intake, I think the stock chip has enough deviation in it to compensate for the changes.

If you start getting into the motor, you'll need a chip because those are major changes.

You'd also need a chip burned for you if you do something like switch tire sizes or change gears because your speedometer will be off.

gm mandated regular fuel operating capability for many years...spark advance of oem chips are geared to reg (87 octane)...most aftermarket ''performance'' chips require premium fuel to be used and spark advance and (sometimes) fuel curves are changed to take advantage of higher octane....usually a small increase in power can result, but don't expect too much.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom