Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Chrome bumpers for vettes '73-'82

N

nchase007

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone has been able to find aftermarket chrome bumpers for the later C3's? I love the look of the chrome bumber on the 68-72, and would absolutely love to find one or have one made of my 79. Have any of you came across these?

Thanks,
Nate

From what I understand bro..there is quiet a differance in the brackets and front end body configuration from the chrome bumper/urethane bumpered cars. Conversion would be very expensive..and questionable depth of mods neccesary to make this happen...have heard guys say, "if you want a chrome bumpered vette..just go buy one...ezier said than done..hehe!" Hope this helps..Joe!

Besides the brackets, etc., you'd need to modify the front fenders and surround panels. Same on the rear.

Sell it and buy a 68-72. :) Chuck

ChuckG said:
Besides the brackets, etc., you'd need to modify the front fenders and surround panels. Same on the rear.

Sell it and buy a 68-72. :) Chuck

not to mention creating a front and rear valence behind the bumpers. BTW a 73 has chrome rear bumpers. it was the only year model with a "split" personality. new style front end, old style (chrome bumper) rear end.

srs244 said:
BTW, a 73 has chrome rear bumpers. it was the only year model with a "split" personality. new style front end, old style (chrome bumper) rear end.

Prefer to think of it as "split" from tradition... a stand-alone and a stand-out, one year design. A "loner" as vettes go.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom