Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: cigarette lighter

A1Avette79

Corvette
1979 White Coupe
When I got my 79 the cigarette lighter was gone - just a hole next to the ashtray. Kind of confusing in the various parts catalogues on what parts are needed to replace it. Is it a three part system? 1. knob 2. element 3. retainer housing.
Anybody know what color wires I need to look for in the console? I fear that they have probably been stolen and used for the aftermarket stereo that was installed at some point. Probably why the lighter is gone.

I'm going off memory here, but it should be a element with knob (possibly 2 seperate part numbers), female receptacle for the element with a backside screw on retainer, and the wire colors should be orange (batt +) and black (batt -). Mid America Motorworks shows part number 602-563 (knob, element, and receptacle) and 602-573 (retainer that screws onto the back of part # 602-563 to hold it in place). I would call them to make sure it includes all the parts. Hopefully that is what you are looking for.

The 79 assembly instruction manual (AIM) will show the factory installation and (probably) the color code of the wiring.

:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom