Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Citizen's Arrest!

T

tlong

Most people who drive a vette no matter what model take real pride in their car. That's the fun of it! These are rarely just transportation devices without regard to condition.

Not this guy! The red '95 was ahead and of course caught my eye in traffic. Then.....the horror

The paint was over. Used to be Torch Red but the fire was out. There was deep grime in the tail lights. The sawblades were black with brake dust. Tear in the glass above the rear left wheel. The driver was hanging a cig out the window and flipping the ashes all over the poor girl. And worst of all smoke was pouring out of the front of the clam shell and front wheel well! Coolant boil over. Step out of the vehicle with your hands up!!!!

Shame! I know it's just a car yada yadda yadda but there are plenty of old Mustangs to let go to hell... Worst C4 I've ever seen in person.

I'm hitting mine with Zaino and new Mobil 1 this weekend to counter-balance the universe.

I say we stone him!!!! Then take his car and donate it to someone worthy!

You are so right! I have never seen one that bad. I like your action to balance the universe. I will do the same to mine this weekend. I don't care if they call for rain on Saturday, at least my Vette will be clean!

Save The Wave! :w

87blackroxi said:
Me... me..... me!

I used to see a 63 SWC around town that started off silver, I think... It looked all original but everything was worn out. The paint wasn't so much faded as worn through. The upholstery showed more foam and frame than vinyl. The tail lights weren't working so someone wired trailer lights underneath the bumpers. I left a dozen business cards, asking if it was for sale, if I could rescue it... no luck. :cry

-Mac

Ironic. Just passed a guy the other day in a black coupe that could not have been washed since he bought it. The paint was so faded and dull, when I first saw it I thought it was gray. The windows wer so dirty I don't know how he could see out the window. And this was smoking too.

Hate see such a beautiful car abused like that. Mine is in the garage and has just been detailed. All of us here, will certainly balance the universe.

and they wonder how road rage gets started???...:mad

lets just..............:r

bill.....

87blackroxi said:

No, give it to me! :L

sorry guys,

mine was factory delivered Black too. :eyerole

When I bought mine 6 years ago it was in a such worse condition it felt like I adopted an abandoned puppy from the pound.

So I bought her because this was the Vette I was looking for a long time
1986 Black over Gray with Z51 power everything.

In the six years I own it I am fixing all parts. I started with revising the engine and tranny, this year I bought a weatherstrip set and a complete interior set with carpet and seats and also the dash plates.

So I am getting her more beautiful by the year. Its like the story of the Ugly Ducky.

Paintjob will be planned in 2007, because meanwhile I am saving money to buy me a Callaway Corvette.

So not every bad condition Vette turns out to be a wastebin.

but in case you described above. Yep, that guy should be hanged by the balls.

Unfortunately to some it’s just a car. :eyerole

And some of us are crazy enough to try and put them back together. I am doing 3 right now :W

That's how I found my first `79. It was sitting in a driveway for many years, just laying there wounded. The guy bought it new and just put gas in it until it wouldn't run any more.
I brought it home, and started over. It ended up a very beautiful car. I actually cried the day I sold it. I was sitting at the guys kitchen table signing the title and he couldn't understand why I was crying.
Some people just don't understand..... :duh

OK, I found a couple pic's of the `79 when it was done and believe me, it didn't look like this when I got it.
79b.jpg

79e.jpg

SoLow said:
And some of us are crazy enough to try and put them back together. I am doing 3 right now :W

LOL... I'm doing two myself (both run, one now drives after 6 years of neglect!)

I say BRAVO for a man that is driving his vette. Paint does not help performance.

Some people actually drive their corvettes while others wax them.

I wash and wax my car regularly however, I will not waste a good driving day to wax it.
However, the engine bay gets cleaned every saturday that the temp is above freezing because a clean engine is easier to wrench on.
Sorry got to go its time to drive my corvette. (-3* F and icy)
Today's pic
DSC00783.jpg

Mike

aboatguy said:
I say BRAVO for a man that is driving his vette. Paint does not help performance.

Mike

Thanks for the kind words Mike, ;)

The only thing I am missing in the photo is a HUGE Christmastree.

otherwise I used the photo as my 2005 Christmas Card.

happy holidays

That doesn't call for a citizen's arrest...it calls for a beheading.

Larry

I love this thread.

A bunch of Nancys whining about some guy that actually drives his car for enjoyment instead of waxing it.

It's snowing and 10* here today and I can't drive my vette! My wife got to it before I woke up and took it herself.
:lou
Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom