Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ck 156 Splice S 232

Nightriderv8

Corvette
LT1 93 er
Hello Guys,

My problem is that i can't find the Splice, where is it S 232?I have the Code C25 - H 25 and I have make this tests, is it a problem with the Ground!

Is it a 93 LT1 Cabrio!

Thanks, Florian!

My problem is that i can't find the Splice, where is it S 232?I have the Code C25 - H 25 and I have make this tests, is it a problem with the Ground!

CCM DTC 25 is a problem with the primary coil circuit for the Courtesy Lamp Relay.

1) Do the interior courtesy lights work when you open the doors? (need to block the photo cell in the Driver Information center with tape if it's day light outside)?

2) Can you turn on the interior courtesy lights work when you use the dimmer switch?

If no to both, the RH Ctsy fuse in the passenger side end of dash is probably blown.
A shorted primary coil in the Courtesy Lamp relay could cause the RH ctsy fuse to blow.

If you can turn the interior lights on by the headlight switch and opening the doors doesn't turn the lights on probably the primary coil of the Courtesy Lamp relay could be open.

The relay is located under the front edge of the dash on the passenger side. The relays are all the same so you can swap them around for testing purposes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Ecss,

The Lights are always on, always, the relay is outside but it is always on, that means the Ck 156 is shorted to Ground!

The Fuse is good, the ' Sys ' Light makes me irritating!

The wires in CK 156 must be to the Ground, this is the only reason!

I can make a test which wire it is, but where is the Splice S 232?

I can't find it!

Thanks for helping!

The dimmer switch could i test, you mean it is in the CK156?

That must i test at the weekend!

But when the Lights always on then there muste be a short in the CK 156!

splice 232

Thanks Ecss, The Lights are always on, always, the relay is outside but it is always on, that means the Ck 156 is shorted to Ground! The Fuse is good, the ' Sys ' Light makes me irritating! The wires in CK 156 must be to the Ground, this is the only reason! I can make a test which wire it is, but where is the Splice S 232? I can't find it! Thanks for helping!
According to the service manual splice 232 is located in the instrument panel harness near the left side of the glove box.

Near the glove box?

Also i have mounting all parts of the glove box, there is no Splice, nothing!

Instrument panel Harness?What does it mean?

I'm from Germany my English is not so good than yours!

Thanks Ecss,

The Lights are always on, always, the relay is outside but it is always on, that means the Ck 156 is shorted to Ground!
The Fuse is good, the ' Sys ' Light makes me irritating!
The wires in CK 156 must be to the Ground, this is the only reason!
I can make a test which wire it is, but where is the Splice S 232?
I can't find it!
Thanks for helping!

Only description for S232 is (Instrument panel, near Left Hand side of Passenger Glove Compartment).

If you were to trace the White wire from the passenger side foot well courtesy lamp it will lead to S232.

The DTC 25 is probably because you've removed the Courtesy Lamp relay which is causing the SYS. At the same time, you're correct. Something is shorting the circuit 156 White wire to ground.

Have you unplugged the Head light Switch connector?

Could be the White wire is shorted in the windshield header area where the White wire goes to the rear view mirror Map lights. Or one of the White wires that goes to the courtesy light in the doors. (pinched wire).

Have you recently done any work on the sun visor, doors or rear cargo area where a screw could have punctured the insulation of the White wire?

Ok, you say the white wire in the footbottom goes to the Splice?

Ok, Then i will it do, the Head Light Connector i would remove it!

Ok to see the splice what must i remove?

Only the screws, under the bottom, and the instrument panel?

But there is more then this or?

Assuming you have a car with the steering wheel on the left side and not a car converted to right hand drive. :L

Splice 232 is some where behind the LH side of the glove box not the dash cluster/instrument panel.

The passenger side foot well lamp has two wires going to it. An Orange wire and a White wire.
The white wire is on circuit 156. If you trace the white wire it goes to splice 232. Splice 232 is probably taped up. Yes you must remove the passenger plastic foot well panel to get to the two pin courtesy lamp connector.

The headlight dimmer switch if rotated all the way clockwise turns on the courtesy lights. If the courtesy lights are not being turned on by the dimmer switch the switch itself could be bad and is the reason to disconnect it to eliminate it.

Also verify when you turn the ignition On the door ajar indicator light in the dash cluster is On when either door is open.

Close the door and the door ajar indicator should go out. If one of the door ajar switches is bad it can cause the courtesy lights to always be on.

Ok, haha :L

I just had mounted the glove box, but the problem is I can't see anything, there is no space to see anything, I'm not able to reach the wiring harness!

Can you give me a hint how to reach it without hassle!

Thanks for Information!

I'm assuming you removed the inside of the glove box and not just the door?

If you removed the Courtesy Lamp relay did you remove the carpeted panel below the dash?

If not remove the carpeted panel above the passenger side foot well. Remove the fuse box cover. Then remove the plastic bezel that surrounds the fuse panel box. Should be some small bolts holding it on. Then I believe you pull the side of the carpet back which is held in place by velcro. This will expose hidden fasteners. Then remove some more fasteners along the front of the carpeted panel and it should pull off. This will expose most of the wiring harnesses. It may be easier if you remove the passenger seat so you can lay down in the foot well area. ;LOL

Otherwise you could remove the dash pad which is alot of work. :mad

Not sure what you're going to do when you find S232?

A short is not likely in that area because it's hidden and protected.

Most cut/shorted wires are in areas where the wire flexes or moves.

Did you disconnect the headlight switch?

Thanks, but the carpeted panel above the passenger side it is not so easy, because everything is glued on the carpet!

On the splice S232 there are a lot of different wire.I will cut one after another and hope that I will find out which cable is shorted by ground!

:thumb

You are right, in this area there is not the problem!

The Headlight switch I haven't remove, but I will make it!

If the Headlight switch would be the problem, why is there "Sys"? and the mistake C 25 ?

If I would turned the switch ON, an the key is turn ON, there wouldn't be the mistake C25!

Why could the Switch be bad?
Yes, the lights are always ON, but SYS wouldn't lightning!

Is this right?

There are two ways to turn on the courtesy lights. By the headlight switch dimmer or the
CCM.

The CCM monitors the voltage at the primary relay coil oif the courtesy lamp relay pin 85.

If the CCM grounds pin 85 of the relay the CCM expects to see zero volts on pin 85. (lights on).
If the CCM does not ground pin 85 there should be 12 volts on pin 85. (lights off).

The CCM does not monitor the load side of the relay. It does not know if you turn the courtesy lights on by using the headlight dimmer switch or if circuit 156 white wire is shorted.

I believe DTC 25 set because you removed the courtesy lamp relay.

You need to clear the DTC 25 by disconnecting the negative battery terminal. Install the courtesy lamp relay and verify if DTC 25 sets again.

As for removing the carpeted panel. You only peel back the velcroed part of the carpet to expose the hidden fasteners on the side of the panel. You then remove the other fasteners on the front of the panel and remove the panel with the carpet still attached to it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom