Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Clay Bar.... Yes-No????

Bobsvette

Corvette
2019 Torch Red Grand Sport
Hi to all, been reading alot on this clay bar process and I'm a little confused because in some post's owner's have said they wouldn't use it but in others they said there car looked great.(they must have used it at a later time) opinons? ;shrug

USE IT!! You wont regret it. Just make sure to get a few good coats of your favorite wax / polish right after.

I use it once a year on each of my cars and "spot claybar" throughout the year. Follow-up with your favorite protection product.

The secret is plenty of lubrication.

It does make a difference.

Use it!!! :upthumbs

I just detailed my Corvette yesterday and claybarring was definitely one of the steps in the process. Here's a link to the thread I posted last night. Weekend Detail

I washed and dried her, claybarred, washed and dried again, then applied a coat of Zaino Z-5.

As mentioned previously, lubrication counts. I use a capful of Zaino carwash soap to about 16 oz of water in a spray bottle. You should wash your Vette prior to claybarring to remove any loose dirt that could scratch the finish.

:w Jane Ann

Use it !

When i did mine a few years back, i couldnt believe the paint came out as nice as it did. Definitly :cool needed ! And the towel slid off the hood like on ice. Amazing. And if a caveman (oh, wait, ME) can do it, anyone can do it. LOTS of spray bottle and never reuse a dropped block/part of the bar. It retains the crud. And you dont want to rub that back in. I followed the Zaino process to the letter and it came out great. Even a few years one (havent had a chane to do it again), once i wash the car, it still looks good.

:w
-Stefan

PS: Corvettes are big cars with lots of surface area, you'll get to know every stitch of it. Take your time.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom