Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

CLEAR XENON HEADLIGHTS Anyone Ever Try These ?

Corvette-Pilot

Corvette
1994 Black Rose Coupe
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2455029772&category=33710

I know my 94 headlights (fog lights) stink and from reading others comments in the past I'm not alone. I have done the higher wattage bulb thing and still not happy with the results.

I see these replacement lights on ebay. I've also seen them in the Vette catalogs and wanted to know if anyone has tried them?? What did you think ?? Worth trying or not??

If there is a kit out there to convert your headlights or fog lights to Xenon I HIGHLY reccomend doing so. If oyu replace your foglights with them you'll probably end up using your foglights as your dirving lights. My TT has them and I didn't think anything of it when I bought the car but when I first turned them on at night I was very impressed. Your visibility goes WAY up and my eyes never hurt from night driving any more. After being in my car I can barely tell when my girlfriend's regular headlights are on in her car.

http://catalog.com/susq/index.htm
Check out this place for better lights. If you call he can help Hella has an ESpec light assembly which works much better and takes a standard H4 lamp I'm useing them with a Sylvania Silver star bulb H4ST , better pattern brighter and whiter!

Hella! Why didn't I think of hella. Of course. They offer the DE-Xenon. They fit very nicely in lower valance panel grills. Tiny little things that produce tons of light.

Thanks for the tips !!
I'll have to check out the link and "see" what I've been missing :s

Spend a little more and buy the HELLA 6054 replacements!!!!!!!!! They are SOOOO!!! worth it!!!! Summit Racing pt.#HLA-72207 $39.95 each Got mine last year, am running bulbs that came with them and they are GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Ernie........That's a good site with good information and prices. You might even say it's a 'Hella-va-deal'. ;LOL

Two questions arise with replacement bulbs.

Current draw and heat! Will the new bulbs melt anything, and will the existing circuit handle the juice they draw? I'd expect a kit would address these issues.

I put nice low beam bulbs in our BMW 735iL and the plug is showing bad heat issues; breaking the connection, due to it.

My dad's '63 Olds would cycle the headlihts when I turned on the aircraft landing lights I had installed as high beams. Wow, could I ever see! (during the flashes)

WhalePirot said:
Two questions arise with replacement bulbs.

Current draw and heat! Will the new bulbs melt anything, and will the existing circuit handle the juice they draw? I'd expect a kit would address these issues.

I put nice low beam bulbs in our BMW 735iL and the plug is showing bad heat issues; breaking the connection, due to it.

My dad's '63 Olds would cycle the headlihts when I turned on the aircraft landing lights I had installed as high beams. Wow, could I ever see! (during the flashes)
The site I refrenced earlier address these issues. the flashing on & off is caused by the circuit breaker cycling. you need to use a heavier wiring harnes and a relay to pass the current use the original feed to control the relay. as to the plug and contacts geting hot that is caused by either a too small connector or a bad connection (dirty or corroded) Here is a diagram of how to do it http://catalog.com/susq/other/auxlamps.htm

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/Take a look at his site. He has Ciebe E-Coded lights.
He won't sell you the high watt bulbs without a relay kit.
I have the 100/130watt bulbs and the 2 headlights pull 18 amps
on low beam. I think that much current would toast the factory
wiring.
The e-coded lamps are soooo much better than any 6054 bulb
its unreal. They don't shine light up in on comming traffic and
there is very little back dazzle off rain.
They are at least equal to any high dollar arc discharge.
The bulbs don't last forever, a little over a year and they are
ready to go out. That's the only downside.
Took an afternoon to do the wiring. Cost under $200 with spare
set of bulbs.
Now I see stuff in the road at night in time to drive around it instead of just seeing it in time to run over it!!:D

JS

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom