Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Climate control blower issues

DarkkHelmet

Corvette
2001 C5 Magnetic Red II Metallic
I posted here a while back about a problem I was having with the blower with the climate control. I took the blower out again and did some testing. I bench tested the blower and it works fine. I checked for voltage at the blower connector and it's 13.2 with the engine running and the A/C on. I connected the blower outside the housing and activated the A/C and it worked. I partially installed the blower and tested again and it worked. I fully installed the blower and it worked for a few seconds and then nothing. Manually changing the blower speed has no effect. Does that only leave the blower speed control or the climate control? Is there anything else it might be?

When it's not working,is there voltage to the motor then? Have you done a wiggle test at the conecter when it's not working? Is there any HVAC codes? If so what are they.

No HVAC codes. There is no way for me to check the voltage to the motor while it's connected. Besides. The motor worked at length on the bench and for a few seconds installed so I have to assume if there is voltage to the motor in the car it should work. The connector is tight and snapped in to the motor.

In my experience Assumptions are nothing more than someone's theory, Not Fact! With that said,I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that the brushes in the blower motor is going south. But then again that is just a assumption based on your assumption because I don't know if there is any voltage their or not!

Now if your
assumption happens to be wrong and there isn't any voltage to the motor,I would be looking somewhere else up the line.

Last edited:
I finally got the time to do some more testing. With the blower connected or not connected there is battery voltage at the connector. The voltage does not change if I change the speed on the controller. I will order a new blower and perhaps the control module as well. What's your opinion?

I replaced the blower and speed control module and the blower now works perfectly. Unfortunately the AC no longer works but I can hear the compressor kick in. Sigh.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom