Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cloth Seat Covers?

pbcanney

Corvette
1981 383 4 speed 3.55 rear
Further down the road, (maybe next year), I want to renew my 81's interior, which is Camel with cloth seats. I really like them and they have endured 26 years and 110,000 miles. But All I ever see for sale are leather and Leathe-like.

Anyone know of a source that manufactures replacement cloth ones?

-Paul

20020831e.jpg

try al knock

if he doesn'y do it he'll know somebody that does,he's very good too!!!!

Paul.... I think you will find getting the original cloth interior seats all but impossible. I have (had) Cinnabar (cloth) in mine and spent nearly 10 years searching for original material replacements and finally gave up and replaced with leather. If you find anyone that has original material I would love to know.

Thanks............... nut :D

Btw...... those seats in that picture look fantastic for the years on the car. I wouldn't replace them until the side bolsters really start to wear out. Only my passenger side looked that good.

Paul.... I think you will find getting the original cloth interior seats all but impossible. I have (had) Cinnabar (cloth) in mine and spent nearly 10 years searching for original material replacements and finally gave up and replaced with leather. If you find anyone that has original material I would love to know.

Thanks............... nut :D

Btw...... those seats in that picture look fantastic for the years on the car. I wouldn't replace them until the side bolsters really start to wear out. Only my passenger side looked that good.

Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 3:38 PM
To: DarkShark
Subject: Re: Cloth seat covers

Dear Sir:

Please be advise that price is $708.00 and it will take two to three weeks for delivery.

If any questions feel free to call customer service at 1-800-880-8080.

Thank you,

Amy Lozano
Receptionist for AL KNOCH INTERIORS

Like this???

Paul,

I believe that the relatively new Year One corvette catalogs offer cloth replacement covers. They are the same price as the leather ones.

I had the silver/gray cloth seats in mine. I just went to a local auto upolstry shop and asked the guy what he could do. Sky was the limit, I chose 2 different fabrics, one with a patteren for the center of the seat and a plain for the side bolsters so they are custom made but of the same style as the original seats. They took the originals aparts and made the new ones from the old pieces, used new foam and they you have a new cloth seat. They cost me less than the leather replacements.

Al Knock has '81 cloth seat covers for $375. a seat in 5 colors. Wouldn't the set he lists as rust (CSC818137) be Cinibar?

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom