Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Clutch Bolts

Corvette
1965 white coupe 383 stroker, 405HP, 440TQ, TKO600
Does anyone know where I can purchase the bolts that are used to bolt the clutch to the flywheel?
My vette was apart all winter long and when I was reassembling everything I misplaced the bolts for the clutch. So I figured I'm putting in a new clutch I might as well buy new Grade 8 bolts. It sounded like a good idea at the time.:hb
Now my car is all back together and I have a bad vibration.
I was told by Centerforce that it is probably because the bolts I used didn't have a shoulder so the clutch probably shifted off
balance. :mad
Well being a novice I didn't realize I needed bolt with shoulders. :duh
The local tranny guy came over to my house today and tested my car and said it was definatly the clutch.
I decided to let him pull the tranny this time. Once was enough for me. He was the one who rebuilt the tranny after I took it out and he seems very knowledgable and fair. He didn't seem to know where to get the correct bolt though. We don't know for sure if thats what it is but while the tranny is out for the second time he might as well change the bolts.
Any ways I've looked in Jegs, Summit, Zip ... and can't find clutch bolts for sale.
Any ideas;shrug

The Dealer

Any GM dealer should have them or can get them the next day and they'll be the right ones. There's a dealer by me that specializes in the older performance parts, if you have a problem, let me know, I'll get the # for you and you can have them UPS'd to you cheap.:D

ARP #130-2201 - any speed shop has them, so do Summit, Jeg's, etc.; made specifically for the Chevrolet pressure plate application, with a plain shank under the head. Includes special flat washers - the chamfered side of the washer goes against the bottom of the bolt head.
:beer

Thanks guys,
I just ordered from Jeg's and will have in a few days.
:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom