Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Clutch Click/grind - replacement?

meridian6

Corvette
1992 LT1 White Convertible America3
C4 1992 LT1 6-Speed manual. 60K with 20K on existing clutch. Just started grinding noise when clutch is pushed all the way to floor. If you ease off about 1/2 inch, grinding noise goes away and you hear a clicking. Ease off 3/4 inch and all noises go away. Shifts in all gears fine, no slipping or hard shifting and no noise. Just the grind/clicking noise if clutch pushed to floor (of course this happens when not extremely careful or when starting). I bypassed clutch starter power switch so I can start without pushing pedal to floor and put 3/4 inch block behind clutch pedal. Right now, just avoiding going that deep on the clutch pedal. Any Ideas? - definately no bearing shrieks.
Since I guess I will have to "GO IN":cry , I will be ordering clutch kit.
Recommendations for "everyday driver" ?? Buy GM or are Mid-America clutch kits OK??
Thanks Guys.

Throw Out bearing is Take'n a Crap!! Fun,Fun,Fun!! If I go to the Trouble to take it out a Genuine GM go's back in with a Genuine GM Slave Cylinder!!!!:upthumbs

gmjunkie said:
Throw Out bearing is Take'n a Crap!! Fun,Fun,Fun!! If I go to the Trouble to take it out a Genuine GM go's back in with a Genuine GM Slave Cylinder!!!!:upthumbs

I go along with GMJUNKIE on the parts except the Slave Cylinder for the C4 they are junk and here is the best one.
NAPA auto. PN 360017.
The master is NAPA PN 39763

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom