Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Clutch pedal doesn't return all the way

C

C5vet

Occasionally my clutch pedal doesn't come all the way back up during a 1st to 2nd gear shift. It comes back enough to engage the clutch but not all the way up. I can push the clutch pedal back down, go back into neutral, and put my foot under the pedal and apply pressure and it will pop all the way up and then its fine for a while. Anybody having this trouble? Is there a fix for it?

I would try bleeding the hydraulics and put new fluid in it.
+1
That is the first thing to try. If the problem persists, look at the slave cylinder.

Click on link in video & search for clutch pedal return.

:)

It's all there

Thanks for the replies. I'm hoping this isn't another design flaw like the stering lock problem I had to deal with.

Froggy, watched your video, but my problem occurs a low rpm so I don't know if it's the same cause. Think I'll try bleeding the system first since the fluid is black and needs changing. Do you have a diy procedure for bleeding the system?

Thanks for the replies. I'm hoping this isn't another design flaw like the stering lock problem I had to deal with.

Froggy, watched your video, but my problem occurs a low rpm so I don't know if it's the same cause. Think I'll try bleeding the system first since the fluid is black and needs changing. Do you have a diy procedure for bleeding the system?

Search the vette sub channel, yes I have it.

Post back.

:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom