Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Clutch, Which one?

P

Pa Goose

2nd LUV needs a new clutch. :upthumbs There are so many manufacturers out there and to top it off they all need to know what diameter I have now. :confused Is there anyway to know what size clutch I need without taking the old one out? I have been asked if it is a 9", 10 1/2", 11" or 12". I know I have to just about stand on it everytime I need to change gears.:D That unfortunately does not help them.:ugh

Thank you, that is what I will go with when I order.

I went with an LUK clutch earlier this year. Frankly, if you're just driving the car I don't think it matters all that much which clutch you go for. However, if you're planning on racing, then it's a whole lot more important and I will leave others to pitch in.

J

my vette has an auto, however, I have a camaro with a very nasty 11:1 350 in it.I put an 11 inch Zoom clutch in it, and have never had a minutes problem with it.Not all that stiff to use either. Just my 2 cents :):w

I went with an LUK clutch earlier this year. Frankly, if you're just driving the car I don't think it matters all that much which clutch you go for. However, if you're planning on racing, then it's a whole lot more important and I will leave others to pitch in.

J

I also replaced mine with a LUK clutch. It's a good clutch.

One thing you will have to do is use a different pivot stud with the clutch fork. The LUK clutch requires a taller pivot stud. Its is part # LAC108, and can be purchased from Dial-a-Clutch (www.dialaclutch.com, or 877-225-8824).

Has anyone heard of a brand called "Gripforce"? Are they good or junk?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom