Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Code 36 is driving me crazy!!!!

C

chad

I'm new to this forum and looking for answers from the experts. In fact, I even spoke (and paid) for tech support from Gordon Killebrew on this matter. I have an 87 coupe with no other error codes except for code 36. I know that this is a MAF burn off circuit error. I have replaced both relays, the ECM, and the connector harness at the MAF sensor. I also disconnected the battery to clear the code every time I work on this problem. All wires going to the relays look fine.One more thing to mention is that I have a Hypertech chip in the ECM. I have a FSM and probably read every post about a code 36 ever posted. As far as troubleshooting, the ECM is sending a ground to Pin F on the burnoff relay for approximately 1 second after the engine shuts off. When this happens, the wire in the MAF wire glows red for 1 second as well. So, here are my questions....First, how long is the ECM supposed to send the ground to the MAF burn off relay? Second, What is the ECM looking for to confirm that all went well with the burnoff? I have read on different forums that it is looking for a particular voltage on B12 on the ECM but no one says what the voltage should be. I think that I have it narrowed down to either the MAF sensor ( which goes against the FSM ) and the ECM but I dont want to keep throwing unnecessary parts at the problem if possible.. Please help!

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom