Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: code c1232

bartfly

Corvette
2004 lemans blue coupe
Having a good ole time chasing my ABS/traction control problem. I had codes 1280-1288 and could not figure it out so took it to the dealer. They diagnosed LF wheel speed sensor, replaced it and the cable to it. Surprise, all the old codes gone and now I have c1232. Can anyone tell me if this is LF speed sensor? There are 4 codes for this same thing (1232-1235) and I am guessing it is Lf, RF, LR then RR. Dealer says to replace the EBCM but I had ABS fixer fix it a few years ago and at that time I had a c1214 code as I recall. I suspect a wiring problem but it is hard to get at and I drive the car daily so I am hesitant to start tearing into it. I cleared the code and it comes right back every time I drive the car.

Any ideas before I take the plunge and buy an EBCM?

Thanks in advance,

Bart

You'll have kittens when you see how much an EBTCM costs.

While it is possible the EBTCM is faulty, it's also possible it's a wheel sensor or a wire/connection problem.

You have a good chance on spending far less if you first buy the Factory Service Manual, then trouble shoot that fault code according to the instructions in the Manual.

Also, read the above listed thread on the CF. It also offers some diagnostic hints.

c1232

Thanks Marcus, I have the factory manual but it tells me to use special diagnostic tools that I don't have and knowing that c1232 is the left front cut way down on my work of testing.
What I finally found is that there is no voltage coming from the ebcm to the left front. I ordered a new one and got a good price from Amazon of only $528. I will let you know when I install it how it all works. Sure is cheaper than the dealers $800. Also this gives me more confidence in my dealer. Sometimes when they tell me it needs a part I wonder and don't trust them but they have been right each time. 6 years ago they said it needed 3 tire pressure sensors and I wondered then why not 4 but all 4 still work. I am thinking of replacing all 4 with my next set of tires. 6 or 7 years sounds like a good lifetime for a battery powered device.

Thanks again,

Bart

ebcm

Well I got the new EBCM and installed it. Ta Da, it works! It gave me pause when I got done and went to clear the code because a new code for the PCM popped up. i cleared both, test drove the car
and all is well with the world again. Whew, I am getting old and this car is hard to work on. No room anywhere but it is so much fun to drive there is no way I will buy a pickup like all my coworkers.

Abs fixer was out of stock but amazon fixed me up for $528, good deal.

Thanks guys,

Bart

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom