Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Cold air intake suggestions

jefflohss00

Corvette
2016 Z06 laguna blue
I have a 2011 GS. I am looking for suggestions on a bolt on style Cold Air Intake system that does not take any special tuning. Looks like the Halltech Super Bee MF 103 might be a good choice. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Airaid CAI - can't go wrong - great price, great fit, great workmanship! Airaid1.jpgAiraid2.jpgAiraid3.jpg

I have a 2011 GS. I am looking for suggestions on a bolt on style Cold Air Intake system that does not take any special tuning. Looks like the Halltech Super Bee MF 103 might be a good choice. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Save your money! The gain on an LS3 is so small it's barely if at all noticable from stock.
Just sayin.....;)

DDLS3 is right...without tuning and other modifications (i.e. headers, exhaust, etc) a new intake should only be considered for looks. I have a Blackwing on my 2006. I didn't really notice a difference at all other than it looks a lot nicer than the stock intake.

We aren't telling you not to get one, just be realistic about what improvement you are hoping for.

I've not seen any reliable dyno numbers that prove the mod is worth it. There seems to be little benefit if any. Looks like GM optimized the LS3 much better than previous engines. Headers and tuning would probably be the most bang for minimal bucks!

My 2cents

No doubt there is a bit of gain (not a lot) on the LS1 in the C5.......but an LS3 is a different animal. Larger valves, increased port sizing on the heads, and a modified intake, just to metion a few differences. My LS3 makes 86 additional horsepower bone stock than the stock LS1, 36 more than the LS2. The cold air intake is great for a car show but in MHO horsepower gain on an LS3 will be pretty close to zero without additional mods, tuning, and an increase exhaust flow. :thumb

"DDLS3", "bigsteff"...will you post some of the chassis dyno data you have which supports your beliefs that aftermarket CAI systems offer no performance increase on C6s with LS3 engines?

"DDLS3", "bigsteff"...will you post some of the chassis dyno data you have which supports your beliefs that aftermarket CAI systems offer no performance increase on C6s with LS3 engines?

The sucking sound alone at WOT on an LS3 is worth the price of admission.

It would be nice to see some dyno numbers as mentioned dispelling claims by K&N and others.

The article with the link above really only addressed filtration not airflow.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom