Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: cold air intake

danno1400i

Corvette
2011 grand sport arctic white
is anyone familiar with the RAMAIR SS cold air system? the website RAMAIRSS.COM claims 35 rwhp on a c6 Ls3 coupe. hefty price of 499.00. but not bad for 35rwhp.

The only two folks capable of gaining 35 legit horsepower at the wheels with only an airbox change are God and Jesus.

Hib speaks for God!

ram air

I also sent an e-mail to ram air ss .com and received a lengthly reply from the company. it emphatically stands by it's statements, and give examples of the testing, and who did the testing. also on u-tube there is a segment from the tv show performance tv that shows product, installation, and performance. is there anyone out there who has purchased this unit, and how do they rate it? the price is equivalent to most otherson the market.

Personally, I don't believe it or maybe after they tuned it on a dyno. Usually the ad will state adds up to XX RWHP. The up to means your results will vary.
If they are willing to put it in writing; have your car strapped on a dyno. A lot of shops will do it for $50; no tune. Then install it and see the difference.
What I am saying is the only free cheese in a mouse trap and usually only for the second mouse.

These are supposed to be good: Vararam Industries or so a lot of people say.. The faster you go, the more air is forced in. Sorta similar to the old ram air systems of the late 60s and later.
A lot of folks who race at the drag strip claim .3 to .5 seconds less from the Vararam. The track is where the rubber meets the road. Do a search.

also on u-tube there is a segment from the tv show performance tv that shows product, installation, and performance.

Yea, that a real unbiased opinion.......:eyerole You do know, that those kind of programs are PAID to use those products by the manufacturers? Those shows have about as much credence as politicians.. :chuckle Take the recommendations of TV shows with a pound of salt.

I'm with kpic, get it writing and have it dynoed. That will tell the reall difference. Good luck with any decision you make. :w

I also sent an e-mail to ram air ss .com and received a lengthly reply from the company. it emphatically stands by it's statements, and give examples of the testing, and who did the testing. also on u-tube there is a segment from the tv show performance tv that shows product, installation, and performance. is there anyone out there who has purchased this unit, and how do they rate it? the price is equivalent to most otherson the market.

Ok. I'll bite. I'd like to read all their test data.
What's the URL of the companies web site.

The dyno trace shows an increase of only 12.2 HP, that's a huge difference from 35.

A variation of 12 HP (2.52%) can occur from one dyno run to another without making changes to the engine. Most equipment manufacturers pick the best and worst numbers to suit their own purposes.

is anyone familiar with the RAMAIR SS cold air system? the website RAMAIRSS.COM claims 35 rwhp on a c6 Ls3 coupe. hefty price of 499.00. but not bad for 35rwhp.

It's been a while since I've been on this site simply because I traded in my 2013 Grand Sport last summer. I took off my Halltech cold air intake system before I traded the car. Approximately 3K miles on it. It is compatible with 2008-2013 C6's. It's for sale. You can PM me if interested. Anyways, no cold air system can get you those kind of numbers except with a tune. My butt dyno couldn't tell too much of a difference, however the sound the system generated was killer. Gas mileage increased ever so slightly and the car idled much smoother. Again, PM me for further details if interested.

IMG_0514 (V1).jpgIMG_5087.jpgIMG_1358.jpgIMG_1359.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom