Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Color Change?????

rasuarez

Corvette
1988 White Coupe
Just looking for some feed back as to repainting my 88 the stock color (white) or color change or custom house of color kandy job. I am not looking for a Macco paint job, but a high quality job that includes removing all glass, lights, trim, etc.

I have heard that the original color hold its value better and I also have heard that it does not matter.

Thanks
Robert

Well, stock will usually sell better over any kind of mods Vette-wise. That's just how the market is. Look at some of the auction shows and you'll see stock, matching numbers Vettes. Not modified ones. Long as you don't go coo-coo and get your Vette painted neon chartreuse or dayglo purple, a re-sale should go the way you'd want.
Course, it's your Vette and as long as you're happy, who cares? :w

I wouldn't think white is a rare color (what's the interior color and is it leather of cloth). If it was me - I'd check and be sure there's a really good shop to do the work and then get it painted the color I want disregarding any effect on future value. What the heck it's an 18 yo car and will last for years more with good care. Make it yours.

It has a new red leather interior, that the is original color. I do need to replace the carpet, again. I got set from Mid America about 4 years ago and it has faded.

I'd get the exterior painted to match the inside. My '89 vert is bright red over tan. I get lotsa ppl telling me they love the red color. You didn't say if the seats are bright or darker red but I'd go with a matching color whichever.
To me white over red is so 10 minutes ago kinda

I think its up to you and how you feel about changing the car from its stock form. If its not a collector, needs a repaint and youre tired of seeing a white car in your driveway, a candy paint scheme will certainly brighten things up. I did a camaro yrs ago in a candy royal blue with some stripes in another candy color. I was ready to change colors again after about 5 yrs. I ended up selling the car and the new owner kept it the same way for many yrs. As for myself, I can appreciate the corvette guys who keep a completely stock car in pristine condition, but as for me I'll change my car around to suit me as time and money permit.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom