Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

color of compartment where soft top goes ?

56 Texas

Corvette
on a '56, is the area where the soft top folds behind the seats the body color or the dash color originally ??? This would be the gas tank cover etc ..

It's interior trim color, matching the seats (Venetian Red or Shoreline Beige), as is the entire trunk interior and the inside of the trunk lid and top compartment lid. :)

thanks.. and did not know that about the inside of trunk and top of trunk lid and top compartment lid.. for some reason I thought the trunk was black ..

Here's what the color breaks look like on a car with a red exterior and beige interior; the areas shown in beige would be red on a car with red seats.
2002228195532-4-TopLidPntBrk.JPG

200222820735-2-RTrnkPntBrk.JPG

thanks much for the pictures.. that really helps alot.. mine is Cascade Green and Shoreline Beige..

JohnZ does not only have knowledge but also great pics..Thank you..

John Z,Does this apply to '58-'60 C-1's also ? I ask because right now mine is the same as exterior color (black) but am going to re- paint sometime in the next few years and am curious, as my interior is redThnks,Bernie O.

I'm not sure about '58-'60 cars - I've only had 57's; the NCRS '58-'60 judging guide should cover it in the "Interior" section.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom