Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Color Theory: Are Corvette Owners What They Drive?

Okay, so Warren is secretly a Black Corvette owner. And BlueCoupe secretly wants... sexy green? ;LOL

-Patrick

U.P. John said:
Patrick, it's a Vette! I don't have to intimidate them. It comes with the territory.
Their futile attempts to try to fight their intimidation are just that, futile. Also, one friend here has an '03 Zo6 and another has a '69 C3 427/396hp. So I already know I'm not the fastest thing around...just the best looking in my little world.

Me thinks you doth protest too much, Mr. Fellow Stealth Black owner. Embrace your destiny, young Paduan... You like Black, and Black likes you. (I have 12-step program to assist in this, if you'd like.) We Black Vette owners need to band together and bring our plans for global domination to fruition. :D

-Patrick

CORed91 said:
Me thinks you doth protest too much, Mr. Fellow Stealth Black owner. Embrace your destiny, young Paduan... You like Black, and Black likes you. (I have 12-step program to assist in this, if you'd like.) We Black Vette owners need to band together and bring our plans for global domination to fruition. :D

-Patrick

Global Domination! Now you've piqued my interest! I once had a girfriend named "Global"

Actually, to me, there is no Corvette like a Black Corvette. Eets timeless, my leetle friend!

Actually I kind of miss the neon green Gremlin my friend had. It's harder to laugh these days...

Beggers cannot be chosey, If I bought new I would have a choice, but when you cannot be a new car buyer you take what is offered. Once in a while you get lucky and get the color you want.

Hi, 29North, welcome to the :CAC

Yes, if you purchase your Vette as a "previously owned" vehicle, you don't necessarily have a choice on the color. Which begs the question: how like the color of your Vette is your personality?

-Patrick

I guess "cold and depressing" sums it up for me only when I am not driving my blue Vette.:v

I guess I should have more throughly processed the question before putting in a reply.
If you buy new the reflection of your personality is clearly apparent but buying used is another game of chance. With that being said if the color of my wifes vette had been red or yellow, even in the condition it is in 98 9K miles. I doubt that she would have bought it. Red or Yellow is not in her quote/ unquote personality even if she is a striking woman. She is not a person who calls attention to herself by what she drives and Corvettes do attract attention like it or hate it.

CORed91 said:
Which begs the question: how like the color of your Vette is your personality?
I'm sterling, but then y'all already knew that. :L

Here's what's in my stable - 2004 Torch Red Corvette, 2005 Black on Black Tahoe Z-71, 2004 Crimson Pearl Cadillac SLS, 1998 Artic White CK2500 4x4, 2003 Blue & White Triumph Bonneville T100 motorcycle, 2003 Silver & Gray Polaris 700 Twin ATV, and 2002 Silver & Black G3 HP190 BassBoat. Had a two tone brown Silverado once. Had a yellow Triumph Spitfire. Never had a green anything.

Worst experience I have had with GM paint was silver on a 1978 Camaro that never would take a shine, and a maroon on a 1990 Pontiac Bonneville that started turning a pale gray immediately after the warranty expired.

I got GM once on a warranty. I had a 1966 Chevelle Malibu SS 396 with a 24,000 mile warranty and at 23,950 miles the automatic transmission started slipping, I had a guy follow me in a pickup to the dealership and he had to push me the last few blocks. Anyway, I glided into the dealership and the service writer asked me what the problem was and I said the transmission
to which he said "what's wrong?" and I replied "it doesn't do anything" and he said "it must, I just saw you drive in". He started it, put it in drive and the engione just revved, put it in reverse and the engine just revved, but he never asked me how I drove it into the dealership. The odometer then showed 23,992 miles and they rebuilt the transmission under the warranty.

Gee, my vette is white, my PT Cruiser is Black and my Dodge Truck is red.... That's it, that's proves that I'm a schizophrenic, no really. :crazy

Patrick said:

-Patrick
What kind of bands are you talking about?????
I have sume rubber bands and know some folks that are in rock bands.... ;LOL And of coarse my everyday Vette is black....:_rock could that be my problem:confused

Mike

Mike,
You are definately a "black" devotee: mischevious and not revealing everything. Welcome to the club. :D

Okay everyone, I think this thread may be losing some focus here. The point isn't what color is every car/motorcycle/ATV/snowmobile/ski-doo/riding lawnmower/tricycle/wheelchair you've ever had. The point is... your Vette! Based upon the personality descriptions on the first message in this thread, how like, or unlike the color Vette you own are you?

And perhaps more revealing, if you aren't like your color Vette, what color personality are you? If you're Vette is Red, and you are more of a Blue personality type, do you find yourself in situations where the "center of attention" color of your car clashes with your own personality style?

On the other hand, if you consider yourself a "green" and consider yourself a pretty down to earth person, but your Vette is Black, do you get any kind of emotional thrill with the stealth world your car opens up for you?

It's therapy time, now. Dr. Patrick (a close associate of Dr. Phil) is here to advise. Post away and let us know if you and Vette live in color theory harmony, or if your styles clash. :D

-Patrick

Alright. Having said all of that, I'll go first:

My Z06 is black. I live in perfect harmony with it. I am mysterious, stealth-like, not liking to draw un-necessary attention to myself, but very competitive. Challenge me while I'm in the Z, and you will not only lose, you may not ever see the face of the person who beat you. :L

While I don't REALLY have ambitions to take over the world... I like to leave people with that impression. Helps with the air of mystery thing. ;)

Who's next? And I want some real revelations about yourself, too.

-Patrick

Patrick said:
Alright. Having said all of that, I'll go first:

My Z06 is black. I live in perfect harmony with it. I am mysterious, stealth-like, not liking to draw un-necessary attention to myself, but very competitive. Challenge me while I'm in the Z, and you will not only lose, you may not ever see the face of the person who beat you. :L

While I don't REALLY have ambitions to take over the world... I like to leave people with that impression. Helps with the air of mystery thing. ;)

Who's next? And I want some real revelations about yourself, too.

-Patrick

I drive a Quicksilver convertible, I'm conservative and wicked afraid of black Vettes. I mean they're so fast and so evil. Their owners reside in the nether-world and some day will come and get us all.

Remo:cool

So much for "real revelations about yourself," Remo. :Buttslap

:L

-Patrick

Patrick said:
So much for "real revelations about yourself," Remo. :Buttslap

:L

-Patrick

Alright - you shamed into reveling myself. Now this isn't easy. Most of it has neven been shared with analyist. The Quicksilver color speaks to my conflicated personality. I'd like to be quick, but I'm getting pretty old. The silver part is accurate in that is matches the color of my hair.

Beyond that I've always liked silver as it's a low profile color that doesn't draw a lot of attention at first. Helps me sneak up on those evil black Vettes. It's also not one of those colors that later you wish you hadn't purchased. And Alpha 6 males like me really like long range planning. Patrick - am I doing better this time?

The silver years,

I have always liked the color silver.

But in all I would love a dark red that almost could be confused with black.
:naughty: :J :Silly :crazy
This must mean I am hard to figure out, stay away from me I am evil. lol

Remo said:
I drive a Quicksilver convertible, I'm conservative and wicked afraid of black Vettes. I mean they're so fast and so evil. Their owners reside in the nether-world and some day will come and get us all.

I have a red 62, a black 67, a black 69 and a black 86,,, so I guess that makes me very Evil,,:mad , I also have three engineering degrees,,:beer , I am a very detail person,,,,:cool I like everything to be clean and neet..... I have Corvettes because I have no wife....I had a wife onetime and she told me it was either her or my cars....:cry well I still have my cars:_rock

Mike

Remo said:
Patrick - am I doing better this time?

Yes, but you need to define the term "conflicated personality." I don't think I've ever heard that one. :L

-Patrick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom