Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Color Theory: Are Corvette Owners What They Drive?

Hi To All,
I hope my feelings are similar to others.
My first choice was Quicksilver amd Light Pewter, ie. gray on gray.
I thought it would be simple, nice, not toooo noticable, but "upscale".
I visited a local Chevy dealer who had an Electron Blue Metallic with black interior. That blue just floored me. "Eureka" (as I'm no Greek expert) that's to color I want. Now for the inside. What would tastefully contrast the blue? I saw light oak inerior at a Buick dealer. That was it. Here in the Northeast, the sun beats down (yes, we see the sun) and a black interior would not do. That's how the EBM and LO came about. And, as an extra bonus, doing calculations from this web site about the 2003 M.Y. production numbers, I alculated that 58 EBM with LO were produced. That's rare.
Oh, by the way, I like blue. I like wearing blue. I like blue shades in rooms. I like blue morinings and sunsets. I like....ooooopps wrong web site.
Blue Borg Brian 1 of 58

I like them all. Whats that say about me? Go figure :confused

Ah, as usual I'm conflicted. I'm an evil iconoclast who loves nature and isn't really sure. That discerned from owning the following four colors: black, white, green, and silver:D. Patrick, you're making my head hurt, I think I'll go change my oil that comes in a silver bottle and replace the blue filter.:L I'll wipe down with stuff in an orange bottle using a light blue towel:eyerole.

- Eric:w

NitroG said:
I like them all. Whats that say about me? Go figure :confused

Hmmmmm? All the colors of the rainbow... I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you find yourself watching BRAVO channel instead of ESPN and SPEEDTV. :L
Not that there's anything wrong with it.;LOL

Eric said:
Ah, as usual I'm conflicted. I'm an evil iconoclast who loves nature and isn't really sure. That discerned from owning the following four colors: black, white, green, and silver:D. Patrick, you're making my head hurt, I think I'll go change my oil that comes in a silver bottle and replace the blue filter.:L I'll wipe down with stuff in an orange bottle using a light blue towel:eyerole.

- Eric:w

Eric, Freud could write a full paper on your psychoses. It's about the Vette, not the color of the bottle you get your little (insert appropriate color) pills out of.

Okay, I am officially reviving this thread after a three month hiatus. We not only have new members, I know we have members who haven't yet contributed. Click back to the first post, read the descriptions of color and the meanings of color, and think that information in this context: regarding your Corvette- and ONLY your Corvette *cough-Eric-cough*- how like the color of your Vette are you? If you are like the color of your Vette, explain why. If you are not like the color of your Vette, how unlike are you, and you do experience any psychological trauma when driving it?

I'll be particularly interested in hearing ScottsRedVette's response, since I know he's a "blue" personality type. Scott, how in need of therapy are you after a Drive & Dine with our club? :L

There is one member I would have to say fits the color of their car to a tee. I won't say screen names, but they have an '04, and it's Torch Red. :D

-Patrick

When I was looking for Z06, I struggled between MY and EB colors because I loved both colors, but at the end I picked EB over MY and I am very happy with my decision. :)

Drive and Dine Club !!!...this must be a web-site for the "Rich and Famous" because by the time I put on the Borla Stingers, New Tires on the new Chrome wheels, I'm lucky if I can afford a Big Whopper with cheese. :eyerole

Hotwing said:
Drive and Dine Club !!!...this must be a web-site for the "Rich and Famous" because by the time I put on the Borla Stingers, New Tires on the new Chrome wheels, I'm lucky if I can afford a Big Whopper with cheese. :eyerole

Hotwing,

Love those goodies, but what the heck does this have to do with the "color" of your Corvette?

Remo:cool

Nothing to do with color....Just alot of refference to Drive and Dine in here.

Hotwing said:
Nothing to do with color....Just alot of refference to Drive and Dine in here.

If it's any consolation, Hotwing, our Drive & Dines usually end at a barbecue. We're hardly a group of expensive diners on top of the expense of our modded Vettes. :L

So, how about it- how like your Vette's color are you?

avacorvette said:
I ANI"T BLACK DAMIT

Okay, so what color would you say you are, if you aren't a mysterious, enigmatic, devotee of black?

:w

-Patrick

Green:
The color of nature, green is the most relaxing color in the spectrum. It is said in color theory that green enhances vision, because it is one of the easiest colors for the eye to perceive. In darker colors, green is a masculine color which symbolizes wealth.
Always been my favorite color. When I was about to get back into Vetting, it was an awsome BLACK coupe that beckoned me off the highway. (I was driving a black Mitsubishi 3000 at the time) But the siren's song didn't work. By the end of the week, mmc5 -Dark Bowling Green Metalic. Some people think it is black!

...people who prefer green tend to be at peace with themselves and others. They don't like to "rock the boat." Live and let live is the motto of green fans.
Not totally true. Sometimes I like to be the onion in the stew.
They can be at home anywhere, and yet they find no need to seek attention to themselves.
I can live with that. :)
And green has another attribute: Red may be the color of life, but green is the color of fertility, which means it can be perceived in a "sexy" context.
Well, now we might be pushing the edge of the envelope a little! ;LOL ;LOL

No other Greens in this thread! At the risk of "rocking the boat", am I the only one at peace?

T

Patrick said:
I'll be particularly interested in hearing ScottsRedVette's response, since I know he's a "blue" personality type. Scott, how in need of therapy are you after a Drive & Dine with our club? :L

-Patrick

Therapy??? :crazy What makes you think I would need therapy after trying to follow Dan and crew???:W The voices in my head tell me that I would be wasting my money---- what?? do what to who?? NO, No, be quiet!:hb Not Now!! Gotta go now. My, what a nice white coat you have, is that for me???

Scott

I fell in love with the shape of the C5. The way the hood was molded and the sight lines just blow me away. Someone on this forum said it best with "The C5 looks like its going 100 mph standing still!" Maybe just me but I thought the quicksilver really emphasized the hood lines and brought out the fast look.

I really like all the colors but thought the silver made the most of the car. However, it does not match my personality. Black like my 98 SS is my personality. Silver is the color of my garage queen! I guess I'm conflicted!!

Black suits me perfectly. I do enjoy the intimidation factor and I like how, whats on the outside is readily apparent but the inside is a mystery. I also like Black for the depth trick it plays on the eyes. I would have to say that applies to me too. There is always something more that people never expect.

There's some very creative responses here! I had no idea we had such talent at the CAC!

:w
-Patrick

Fascinating stuff. I hate to say that I have not really chosen my colors. My first Vette, a 62, I bought off the used car lot at a Chevy dealership I worked in the body shop at. It was silver and I was glad to have it, no matter what the color.

My next was a '73 and the only one I chose the color of. It was gold, so I suppose the remarks about yellow apply.

My '96 was white and was the right car at the right time with all the things I wanted: 6 speed, LT4, convertible and the color was okay.

My 2000 is a Dark Bowling Green Metalic convertible. It has the deep shine of black with dark green highlights in the sun. It was sitting at the local Chevy dealer, 25K miles, like new condition. I really like the color but it just came with the car. I will admit there are colors I would not have taken but the color is not the first thing that drew me to the car. In fact, it had been raining and it was dirty.

Food for thought... if as Patrick says "Scientifically light is nothing more than our interpretation of reflected light waves" then what we see is the color the object ISN'T. What we see are the colors REJECTED by the object. More than once we've all been told "you are what you eat" right? That would make a red vette actually green!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom