Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Color Theory: Are Corvette Owners What They Drive?

First question- how often do you find it necessary to clean your white Corvette?
</Sigmund Freud>
I don't know about a white Corvette but my navy blue Corvette gets lots of cleaning, just about the same as a black Corvette. You know how bad the dust can be here in Colorado.

As noted previously in this thread, the Magnetic Red covers a wide gamut of colors - and emotions? - depending on the available light. I fell in love with this color when I first saw it, but do not view myself as a typical "red" personality. Opposites attracting, perhaps?

My '99 Miss Scarlett

I bought my Corvette in pearl white not because of purity, or angels.
SIMPLY because that was the best bargain for my GREENs.
clean sharp body, no rust, matching engine #'s,
:upthumbs

Black - Elegance & Power

I've had many different color cars, mostly out of necessity not always by choice. I currently own a couple of Buicks, one Flame Orange, the other white. But I tend to gravitate to black. I've had a black Elky, Buick GN (only black), Black Sierra P/U & my black '93 Z07. I wear a lot of black, ride a black Harley & so on. To me black IS elegant but I must admit, it's a power & mystery thing too. Maybe it's a result of this gal surviving 20 years in the Marines. You have to be strong to compete & hold you're own. Or maybe it's because I like Johnny Cash songs?:chuckle

Colors

OK, I'll chime in too.

As you can see from my avitar I have a Torch Red Coupe. Red was not my first choice but when you buy a previously owned car concessions are necessary.

When I first saw it I said, "Hey, I can live with red" and besides someone told me that ALL Corvettes are red in their souls.

The fact is, Torch Red is so damn red :mad that from non-Corvette owners it commands comments like, "Wow, that's REALLY red" or "It doesn't get any redder than that" or What do you call that color, Stop-Me-Red" and "Are you a Volunteer Fireman"?

So yes, I admit it, the color has grown on me and besides the extroverted side of my psyche enjoys the attention. When she's all polished up and sitting at a show or cruise-in it sure does sparkle.
I won two trophies this summer because of that sparkle.

Keep those colors coming down the pike :Steer and ....

Keep 'em rollin' :W
Bill

I'm glad Remo didn't start this thread Dwayne. We're coming pretty close to hijacking it:rotfl

The old lady thanks you Dwayne. I just creamed my jeans, again. Did the same thing last time I saw that ride. They don't come much nicer. And ck it out. It's BLUE :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom