Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Colorblind?!?

T

tluv327

Hi everyone,
I have a question about the interior trim code for a 1968 coupe. The trim code is 414 which I think is medium blue vinyl. The problem I'm having is when I am buying interior stuff like floor mats, carpet, etc.. some companies list bright blue and dark blue only for 1968. Others list all three colors and some list med and dark blue. My other question is the exterior code is 978. I think this is international blue. The corvette restoration guide by Richard Prince lists #414 as medium blue vinyl but does not have an exterior #978 listing for int. blue. Any help would be appreciated...1st corvette and 1st project...Thank you

According to Michael Antonick's Corvette Black Book, you are correct that 978 is International Blue for an exterior color and 414 is Medium Blue - Vinyl Interior.

In my books it list only two blue interior colors-414 would be medium blue vinyl (415 same color but leather)and 411 would be dark blue vinyl (leather not available). My books also list exterior color 978 as international blue. I would check with the manufacturer from which you purchase the parts. Could be they are calling the medium blue "light" and the dark blue "dark" Only a guess though. :confused hope this might help

Ecklers and Zip

Well, Ecklers has me confused because they list a bright blue color for floor mats for 68-70 which I dont think existed. Zip has bright blue and dark blue but no medium blue... I ordered bright blue floor mats but they did not match.. I guess I'm going to have to call them...I appreciate the help though guys!

No problem. Let us know how you make out after you give them a call. I'm curious what they have to say about this.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom