Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Come see the 54 Corvair Motorama Car @ Corvette Funfest

Mike Terry

Corvette
63 SWC and 67 Coupe F/S 54 Corvette NFS
Who all will be attending the Corvette Funfest this year? I will be there with my 1954 Corvair Motorama Car re-creation. This car is as close to the original 54 Corvair that GM built for the 1954 Motorama. GM built one and after showing it across America and Canada they new it would not go into production and they distroyed it. I will be doing a seminar on the car on Friday and will be doing a joint seminar with Brett Henderson who I helped build the car. If you look on the internet for Mike Terry 1954 Corvair you will find the car there. :w
Here ios a link to the build of the car. Mike Terry's 1954 Vette enjoy

Last edited:
The 54 Motorama car is now at the NCM till May of 2016 so if you go to the NCM take the tour and see it. :thumb

What date exactly is the festival?

What Festival? If you are talking about Corvette Funfest at Mid America, that was the 3rd week in Sept. The car is at the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green now till about the second week of May 2016.

The 54 Corvair Motorama Car is at the NCM till mid May of 2016 so hurry if you want to see it. In August it will be in the Milwaukee Masterpiece Concourse d'Elegance hoping to win again in my class.

Good luck at Milwaukee. I'd like to see it but I won't be going south any time soon.

Tom

Thanks Mike.

Tom

For anyone that hasn't seen this masterpiece, here's a few photos Mike sent to me.

100_0151.jpgDSCF1180.jpgDSCF2281.jpg

I know this is an old thread, but a friend of mine posted pictures, of what appears to be, this car. Has Mike sold this car? It appears to be in the possession of Lingenfelter now...... ;shrug Maybe just on loan.

80-img_0018_b28bdd17844356f6996af92615070e491edd39cd.jpg

80-img_0016_793810441d65e025dc11dae6dcef1e36129c1d3a.jpg

Yes the 1954 Corvette Corvair Motorama Car has spent this last winter in Ken Lingenfelters Museum with some of its old friends. The car will be leaving soon and coming home to Greenwood, In. and if anyone is interested the Motorama Car is FOR SALE for $250,000. If you are serious and want to contact me feel free to call 317-945-5121 or e-mail me at mikes54vet@aol.com
The car will be at Bloomington Gold for a very short period of time only on Saturday June 23 where I will be driving it around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Track at about 11:00 am. After that it will go back up into my trailer and locked up till I take it home. I just want to get pic of it on the yard of brick.

I'm sure you have gotten a lot of enjoyment out of it. I hope it finds a good home where it will be on display for all to see.

Tom

Wow, Mike! Very cool recreation of the Corvair Motorama car! :thumb It's a shame GM never went to production with it; I kind-of prefer the styling of it over the early roadster C1...

Good luck with the sale! Wish I had the funds to buy it from you!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom