Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Commemorative Coupe or Arctic White?

I've always found white and silver to be the most forgiving. I haven't had a tan or brown car though! :)

Dark shiny colors are tough to keep clean, and show scratches, BUT they look twice as nice when they are clean.

I like blue best, but the blue paint highlights tan dust. Pollen not so much though. I had a olive green 72 Monte Carlo which hid the pollen quite nicely... It looked like I had fluffy paint! :L

I don't think i'd buy another black car. Too much trouble.

-Gööney0

irf said:
Thanks for the tips. Do you ever need anythign as strong as tar remover to clean behind the wheels or does car soap usually get the job done?
Nope, nothing a little soap and elbow grease won't get off.....

I wish I could invent something to keep the dirt out of the tailights, seems like this plagues every Vette. If you could come up with something aesthetically pleasing, cheap and effective I think you could make some bucks....anybody got a wind tunnel laying around??

yeah get the comm LeMans Blue I have one and even vette owners come
up to me and say how much they like the color RUDYBKK

The Le Mans Blue is a really nice color, but I love black cars. Black Vettes have that 'move over' look when people see them coming up in their rear-view mirrors. And they usually move over too, except for maybe a few stubborn Mustangs. What's up with these Mustang owners anyway? :confused

Of course, you could enjoy both - have a Le Mans Blue "Grand Sport" style stripe put on the white car!

Enjoy the new ride - GT

I have owned 13 Corvettes. The present car is a 2004 convertible which was ordered the way we wanted it. So, we ordered Arctic White with Torch Red interior. What a striking combination and a fantastic contrast of colors. I love the fact that Arctic White represents a cool color and Torch Red represents a hot color!!

One thing you might not consider, I didn't when I bought my CE, is that it is difficult to mod for apperance. By that I mean, you pay $3-4K for the special package that makes it a CE then you put on different wheels, add some different bits to the interior and poof, its not a "CE' any more. I traded my CE in on an MSG and I am MUCH happier. (Of course there were LOTS of other things wrong with my CE...)

dooscoop32 said:
I have owned 13 Corvettes. The present car is a 2004 convertible which was ordered the way we wanted it. So, we ordered Arctic White with Torch Red interior. What a striking combination and a fantastic contrast of colors. I love the fact that Arctic White represents a cool color and Torch Red represents a hot color!!
Nice combination! Lets see a picture:D

I would get the CE with the shale interior, if the white one has a black interior. And I own a white on white C5. The reason is that I owned a black interior once and never again. To hot in the summer. I have the light grey interior in mine and love it. There's my .02

One thing you will really get to appreciate about a white C5 is that chips don't show nearly as much as with darker colors!

1g1yy said:
One thing you will really get to appreciate about a white C5 is that chips don't show nearly as much as with darker colors!
:( PAINT CHIPS?????????????:cry

This is certainly a personal choice. I don't know how you could base your choice on what ANYONE here would say.

They are both very nice, myself would choose the CE car and I'd be willing to bet you can find incredible deals on the CE's that are left.

There are so many of them around.

Saturday August 21, 2004 (just in case someone reads this in September and says, What?)

White hides swirl marks much better. I love black but I already have one black car to keep clean. That's enough.

IMG_0038.jpg

For You Anti-White People

Here's an example of just how beautiful a white car can be. I'm willing to bet
this Z06 will turn more heads than one done in Commemorative Blue.
Remo:cool

100_2073.JPG

My '02 C5 is Electron Blue and I really like the color, but my 2 Artic White C4s were easier to keep looking clean. OTOH, my C5 does get driven more; like the 1800+ miles my son and I put on her a coupla weeks back. We drove up to WI to Road America then down to NCM in Bowling Green and finally via both 4 lane and immensely entertaining 2 lane mountain roller coasters...err, roads to Prestonsburg, KY. Now those are roads that are really fun in a Corvette! DFO

I like the pewter
people always say how clean it looks even when it's dirty

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom