Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Compressed Air Storage Reservoirs

95ZR1#418

Corvette
95ZR1#418, 88Z51Coupe, 69L46Coupe
Hi all-

The last source for compressed air (to fill tires)
is now gone from my town. The nearest source of air is
now ~30 miles from me.

Whats available as far as some type of reservoir
that I could fill and save to inflate tires & would
they hold enough pressure (eg. by filling at a service
station) to inflate tires under the full weight of the
car? If this would do I don't see a need to buy a
compressor, but when the air is gone you sure notice
what a pain it is not to have it.

I figure this must be a problem long solved by those
who frequent the strip/track?

Any specific brands or stores to search?

TIA :D :D

Before I got a compressor for the garage, I used, and still use, one of these:

00915201000-190.jpg

The Craftsman 10 gal. Horizontal Air Tank, available for $36.99 from Sears. :CAC

if I were you I would go out and get a compressor. It will probably be a pain hauling that tank back and forth if you run it down especially with three vettes, you would probably have to get more then one depending on how big it is, and plus you can use a compressor for more then just filling tires, air tools :D .

Thanks Ken & vett87. The Craftsman you showed looks perfect & wouldn't you know there out of stock. I really don't think I would need a compressor as long as I can find someplace to fill it.

95ZR1#418 said:
Thanks Ken & vett87. The Craftsman you showed looks perfect & wouldn't you know there out of stock. I really don't think I would need a compressor as long as I can find someplace to fill it.
Go for the compressor. I could not work without one. The arthritis in my hands gives me about an hour of wrenching with hand tools before I am running for the Prednisone:mad … with a set of Snap-On and Craftsman Air tools I can wrench all day and deal a deck of cards at night.:upthumbs

SPANISHVETTS said:
Go for the compressor. I could not work without one. The arthritis in my hands gives me about an hour of wrenching with hand tools before I am running for the Prednisone:mad … with a set of Snap-On and Craftsman Air tools I can wrench all day and deal a deck of cards at night.:upthumbs
I agree with Spainishvetts........The Compressor is the way to go....You will like it once you get one......great tool......

go for the compressor Huskie makes one thatHome Depot sells for around $100

95ZR1#418 said:
Hi all-

The last source for compressed air (to fill tires)
is now gone from my town. The nearest source of air is
now ~30 miles from me.

TIA :D :D
If all you want to do is fill tires, and you don't want to spend the cash on large compressor, just go to your local auto parts store and pick up a small 12V compressor that plugs into your cigarette lighter, designed specifically for inflating tires. I think the one I bought was around $30.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom