Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Computer/Sensor Help

BigRed

Corvette
1985 Bright Red Rocket
I posted awhile ago with no response so I thought to make a new one (With hopes someone see's the thread)

My gauge's for Temp Both Oil and Temp seem to be working fine however when they are both on low the car run LIKE CRAP

It will still run but 1000-3000 RPM is just terrible it chug's and sputters then when the (Secondarys open up) it will slam me into my seat and run like a race car...

This all happens until the Oil sensor (Which comes off LO after the Coolant sensor) reachs a number, as soon as it read the first number off of LO I run fine..

When the coolant temp is on LO I won't have my OD either until it reaches 69 Degree's (Hot it runs at 95)

I don't understand Closed and Open loop or limp home modes or computer controlled vehicles totally, but it seems it me when the Oil temps on LO its in Limp home mode

Is this normal (I wouldnt think so) and if not where do I start looking..

Ok, just having a bad coolant sensor, I can tell you that when it goes, the car runs like crap. Mine even shut down due to an over rich situation.

Of course, my question is why is your car sooo cold on start up? Mine was only like that when it sat over night when it was freezing temps outside.

-Mike

My understanding is the O/D will not engage until temp warms up to about 140. She will then go into close loop. I don't get on my car until warm up but it does run fine in open loop. In addition to coolant sensor you may want to check the O2 sensor.

700 r4

Earlier models had a sensor in the tranny pan to keep it from going into OD till the tranny fluid temp went to a certian temp....

This is NORMAL.

You only hit open loop when the check engine light goes on.

Hmmmmm.

Vig!

Ok I know the sensors you speak of..

It will cool down like that at 25 above! (Umm is that like 80?)

So it IS Normal for the car to run like this until they are off of LO (Is this a type of automatic CHOKE?!)

hmm

i own a 1985 as well, never had this problem, but i have alot of other problems right now, that i am getting really close to fixing, anyways,, that one dude is right the only time my car takes that long to warm up is when it is really cold at night,, , so thats kinda strange, and why is your car running 195 in temp,,
thats pretty hot,, mine runs like 180 something at the most
if it hits 195, it will end more coolant in,, and it will get back down to temperture,,

im thinking of adding that dyno exhaust thing,,, to get rid of back pressure,,, do u think its worth the 1000 bucks or so

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom