Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Computor

It does have a computer. Where I'm not sure but someone will answer this for you soon.

thanks,hope someone can help with the location so I might be able to get codes and solve my elec problems.Mahalo

If I'm not mistaken, it is in the battery compartment area in front of the battery.
Correct ;) it is mounted directly in front of the Battery In The Battery Compartment ;)

To get codes you have to remove the ashtray, the test block is accessable there, I don't trust my memory, but if you do a search for Codes 1981 or something like that you should find a Lot of threads on this subject.

We have a Large Number of 1981 (L81VetteRegistry) folks around here, and many have a great deal of knowledge and experience around the 1981 ;)

Bud

Edit: Here is a LINK that discuss's this subject, Page 2 Post #18 will be esp. helpfull, as will the entire thread. Stingray 6974 is a good friend and THE BEST Corvette Mechanic I know of for the older Corvettes ;) and he is a Great Guy too :upthumbs Not that I'm prejudice or anything :D

Mahalo for all your help i will check into the various locations,Aloha from Maui Islandshark

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom