Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

CONFIRMED: Orders for 2021 Corvette at 1100 are Price Protected

Bradan Donaldson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
2004 Z06
2020-chevrolet-corvette-stingray.jpg

Chevrolet confirms that 2021 Corvette Orders that have a status code of 1100 or higher are exempt from the $1,000 price increase​

After a contentious weekend of misinformation going back and forth between GM and dealers, Chevrolet has finally confirmed in writing that all 2021 Corvette orders placed in GM Order Workbench with status code 1100 or higher are price protected.

Full Story on the Corvette Action Center's Home Page: CONFIRMED: Orders for 2021 Corvette at 1100 are Price Protected

I ordered a 2020 with a $1000 deposit and got bumped as many of us did. September of 2020 dealer called said it was time to place the order. Went thru the order workbench 9/22/2020 and got my order in and number. Long story short my Vette came in 3/9 and unfortunately my attention was on my car and not the paperwork. Get home and discover that I was charged the new price. I called the Corvette concierge
and they repeated what has been all over the internet that price would be held on anything above 1100 status
before 3/1. Dealers initial response was that it is what it is, and I can return the car if I wanted, like that was going to happen. After WAY too much conversation they seem to get it.
The dealer showed me the invoice and GM did charge them the new price. They say they no nothing about GM holding prices. They finally called the zone rep and didn't get an immediate answer. Hope to have a quik positive resolution this week, we will see. Moral of the story is GM appears to have screwed up the billing and dealers are clueless.

• Staff
I ordered a 2020 with a $1000 deposit and got bumped as many of us did. September of 2020 dealer called said it was time to place the order. Went thru the order workbench 9/22/2020 and got my order in and number. Long story short my Vette came in 3/9 and unfortunately my attention was on my car and not the paperwork. Get home and discover that I was charged the new price. I called the Corvette concierge
and they repeated what has been all over the internet that price would be held on anything above 1100 status
before 3/1. Dealers initial response was that it is what it is, and I can return the car if I wanted, like that was going to happen. After WAY too much conversation they seem to get it.
The dealer showed me the invoice and GM did charge them the new price. They say they no nothing about GM holding prices. They finally called the zone rep and didn't get an immediate answer. Hope to have a quik positive resolution this week, we will see. Moral of the story is GM appears to have screwed up the billing and dealers are clueless.
Sorry to hear about the problems you had with your Corvette's pricing. GM didn't make it very clear with their dealers of how the pricing was going to change on orders already in the system and how the numbers would show on the window stickers vs. the invoices.

Keep us posted on this!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom