Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Confused: My '89 Corvette Axle RPO Codes

ckwhite

Corvette
1989 C4 Coupe & 2015 Z51 Coupe
I just received the "build sheet" from the Corvette Museum for the '89 C4 corvette I recently bought. It lists two RPO codes for the "Axles" on my car: One code says G44 3.07 AX, The other code says G92 PERF RATIO AX. What is the difference between these axle codes? I thought the 3.07 Axle3 WAS the performance axle...?

Confused: '89 Corvette Axle RPO Codes

I just received the "build sheet" from the Corvette Museum for the '89 C4 corvette I recently bought. It lists two RPO codes for the "Axles" on my car: One code says G44 3.07 AX, The other code says G92 PERF RATIO AX. What is the difference between these axle codes? I thought the 3.07 Axle3 WAS the performance axle...?

CKW... I'm going to combine these threads to prevent even greater confusion. :thumb

:wJane Ann

G44 is the engineering rpo code for the 3.07:1 axle ratio.
G92 is the sales/marketing rpo code for the performance axle ratio (as opposed to the base ratio) for cars with automatic transmissions which is 3.07:1.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom