Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

connect power brakes to holley spreadbore?

Bolisk

Corvette
1972 LS5 Convertible PS, PB, A/C
My quadrajet is down and out. In the meantime. Ive aquired a holley 6211 800 cfm spreadbore. Anyone know the correct way to connect my power brake booster line?

The carb manual says the the boss on the back of tje holley is for a gulp valve which my 72 454 does not have. The boss is also not threaded for a fitting that I can use for the brake booster. Am I supposed to tap it? Cannont find an official statemwbt on this anywhere.

Should I connect the booster to the carb, or get a new intake manifold fitting and just run it on manifold vacume?

My quadrajet is down and out. In the meantime. Ive aquired a holley 6211 800 cfm spreadbore. Anyone know the correct way to connect my power brake booster line?

The carb manual says the the boss on the back of tje holley is for a gulp valve which my 72 454 does not have. The boss is also not threaded for a fitting that I can use for the brake booster. Am I supposed to tap it? Cannont find an official statemwbt on this anywhere.

Should I connect the booster to the carb, or get a new intake manifold fitting and just run it on manifold vacume?

Brake boosters ALWAYS run on manifold vacuum - isn't there a vacuum fitting behind the carburetor on your intake manifold? If the un-tapped boss on the back of the carb is open to manifold vacuum, you'll need to plug it; call the Holley tech line and ask them about it.

:beer

Yes there was a fitting. . .but it only had one port and the vacuum system was plugged into that. I eventually ordered a fitting with two ports on it. One the small size for the vacuum system, and the other large for the power brake booster hose.

Thanks. Works great now!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom