Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Connectors

berry1133@bellsouth.net

Hello L81 family and Happy Labor Day to all! I am beginning to troubleshoot my electrical on my recently purchased '81. I have noticed that there are a couple of connectors that are not connected to anything under the dash near the fuse panel. Is there a way to ID these connectors? Should I determine the wire colors and search for the connectors on the wiring diagram or, is there an easier way. Lastly, I have a shop manual, repair manual, and assembly manual. Between the 3 manuals, is there a section that identifies connector locations?

Thanks for the help!

BBerry

The assembly instruction manual (AIM) will identify the connectors if they are part of the dash harness. If they are not connected to anything, they are likely to be for options not installed on your 81. Most of the electrical system is shown in AIM UPC 12.

:thumb

Or take pictures from every connector you have a question about and we'll try to help you :)

Greetings Peter

Hello Peter. Following are the two connectors that I am scratching my head about. Any assistance will be appreciated.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315261282.060187.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315261282.060187.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 84
The grey one goes into the fusebox, mine is on the right side somewhere in the middle in a open 12v contact.

I have to look for the right connector, I think it's for the key "switch" in the drivers side door.

I'll look for it tonight :)

Greetings Peter

The grey one are actually two connectors, but I have to look into the wiring diagrams to tell you were they are for. And I forgot to take the book back home tonight, so better luck this week :)

Greetings Peter

Hey Peter. I think I know where the other connector belongs. I saw a picture of a fuse box and the connector was plugged into the buzzer on the right side of the fuse box. My vehicle is missing the buzzer. Would an auto store have this buzzer or, do I need to go to a Corvette parts store?

Thanks
BBerry

Sorry don't know, overhere is Holland I even have to go to a special shop to get (normal) UNF and UNC treated bolts and nuts, not even to start about other parts. Maybe search on internet at the nappa etc stores?

Greetings Peter

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom