Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport Considering a C6 GS…

For discussions related to a Grand Sport Corvette.

AV8R

Corvette
1974, 1990, 2008 Coupes
Some questions for your GS vette vets...

1. All things being equal, I know its not exactly apples for apples, but how much should an excellent used GS cost over a standard coupe?

2. What should I look out for when considering a low mileage GS? (2011)

3. I personally prefer automatic with paddles, but most GS come with stick. Other than preference, is there a reason to pick one over the other for a town and country style driver?

4. What else should I be asking that I haven't listed?

thanks

Seems the GS is holding value better the the base model, probably for the same reason it outsold it new. That means there are real bargains on the base coupes out there. Whether the GS will hold the advantage down the line is the question.

1. All things being equal, I know its not exactly apples for apples, but how much should an excellent used GS cost over a standard coupe?

2. What should I look out for when considering a low mileage GS? (2011)

3. I personally prefer automatic with paddles, but most GS come with stick. Other than preference, is there a reason to pick one over the other for a town and country style driver?

4. What else should I be asking that I haven't listed?

thanks

I haven't been following the prices of the Grand Sports over base models so can't help much there.....The GS coupes look killer and that's why I wanted one.....

Make sure the tires are good. The only downside to me is the lack of tire choices you have for the GS. You have Goodyear, Bridgestone and Michlins in the run flats.....and a few more if you chose to go non run flat. The run flats are all real pricey....All are summer tires no A/S available that I can find.

I like the 6M because it gets the side oiler hand built Wixom engine. That's cool for me and I love to shift the gears......Rick Dad built my engine and it goes real fast.....:D

I would find one with the Heratige package which gives you a two toned interior and the hash stripes along with the embrodery on the seats.......make sure the fuel guage is working correctly....I don't believe you would ever wish you had gone the other way if you do end up with a good GS......good luck with your choice.......:thumb

C6 gs

I found it just the opposite. Here in Washington state I found more with autos. Maybe because I was looking at convertibles. Husbands buy their wives converts and need to get the ladies autos.
Look for the lowest mileage you can find. Mine had 4600 miles on it.
Find one with all the options possible. Mine had everything you can get on a 3.
It shouldn't be a problem finding a really nice one in So-Cal. I wish I had a market like that when I was looking.
If you're getting an automatic you might just as well buy any late model Vette that suits your fancy. A GS is a performance car so it really should have a manual tranny.

There was a 2011 GS coupe, AT, black on black, all the options with 3K miles on it going for 48K out in Bakersfield Ca. I watched it take over a month to sell and just drooled. Its above my pay grade.

I currently looking at another 2008 just like my other one that got t-boned, almost identical but with 13k more miles on it, has chrome wheels instead of grey painted as before, and has the dual color and stitched seats that the other did not, and is 3K cheaper. Ill probably pull the trigger on it if theres nothing to be concerned about it. It also just had new brakes and ride flat tires put on it. Its on the middle of the KBB range for certified PO.

Having owned a 2004 coupe, 2005 convertible and now a 2010GS convertible, the Grand Sport is the best. I loved the body style first over a base C6.
I always liked the Z06 style and wanted a convertible that matched. I have about 30,000 miles and have had no problems, except with tires as shown
in this forum. I have blown out a few tires hitting a curb and with nails, but have stayed with the Goodyears so far. Get all the options you can afford
on the car you want and enjoy. I drive it almost everyday to work with a big smile on my face.

Look around a little at 2013's. They are still out there new and the prices are dropping. Chevy dealers are trying to move them on to new homes.

I'm currently considering a 2008 base coupe with 4LT option configuration

What at is this I hear that GMC is considering to end the Corvette line?

I'm currently considering a 2008 base coupe with 4LT option configuration

What at is this I hear that GMC is considering to end the Corvette line?

Don't worry they are not.......the remarks by Tadge were taken out of context by the liberal press. He was being pushed to give details by some wacko car guy about the new Z06......Tadges remark was something like, The new Z06 may be the last new Corvette ever if sales don't get back to where they need to be...... Which in a broad sense is true because no matter what, it takes sales to keep the ball rolling. They need to get back to 30K cars sold per year........12 to 13,000 isn't going to cut it. Like someone said 2015 will tell the story after the initial push to buy is over.

thanks

I'm not sure what the final numbers are regarding stick VS auto, but when I purchased mine the majority of the GS's at MacMulkin's were automatics.

By the way, I visited a dealership that had several '13 GS left overs this past weekend and the prices on 3LT coupes were more than what I paid for my 3LT roadster last February - there really weren't any incentives much to my surprise - and they had several C7's on the floor.

I'm not sure what the final numbers are regarding stick VS auto, but when I purchased mine the majority of the GS's at MacMulkin's were automatics.

By the way, I visited a dealership that had several '13 GS left overs this past weekend and the prices on 3LT coupes were more than what I paid for my 3LT roadster last February - there really weren't any incentives much to my surprise - and they had several C7's on the floor.

I got an email this morning from the GM card with rounded up cash earnings and $3,000 off all 2013 C6s.

They gave me the $3K discount when I bought mine last year and that, along with a huge MacMulkin discount is what made me pull the trigger. I don't think I could have bought the same car for less than what I paid last February.

They weren't offering that last week, I don't believe. the incentives I saw weren't that good - maybe sales a poor.

The incentives and discounts for the 2013's were too good to pass up. I seriously doubt there will be anything like that this year and maybe next, too.

Elaine

I was referring to the discounts for the 2013's still in stock.
I've watched the incentives since I purchased mine and there hasn't been a time where I could have bought my car for less than what I paid - including my visit to a dealer looking at leftovers a couple of weeks back.

They gave me the $3K discount when I bought mine last year and that, along with a huge MacMulkin discount is what made me pull the trigger. I don't think I could have bought the same car for less than what I paid last February.

They weren't offering that last week, I don't believe. the incentives I saw weren't that good - maybe sales a poor.

I bought my 13 GS in late September (I ordered it) and it was delivered right after Thanksgiving. $70k retail bought for $58k. $3k rebate + dealer cash + GM employee discount (I don't work for GM) + Corvette loyalty discount. Don't think I coulda done much better than that. My dealer is fantastic and I have a long-term relationship with them. I agree that the GS is a really good bang-for-buck model. I just couldn't afford a Z06, but always loved the look of the widebody.

I bought my 13 GS in late September (I ordered it) and it was delivered right after Thanksgiving. $70k retail bought for $58k. $3k rebate + dealer cash + GM employee discount (I don't work for GM) + Corvette loyalty discount. Don't think I coulda done much better than that. My dealer is fantastic and I have a long-term relationship with them. I agree that the GS is a really good bang-for-buck model. I just couldn't afford a Z06, but always loved the look of the widebody.

Mine had an MSRP of ~$75K and I got it for $59K with the $3K rebate and dealer discounts.
I took the wife up to "look" at cars last February and on the way up she said to me "I know you're going to buy a car today......"
I seriously had no intention of buying one but I knew if I didn't make the purchase that day I might not have that opportunity down the road.

I thought I might get a better price if I waited til last March but the that wouldn't have happened. I kept checking the rest of the year (and this year) and there never came a time when I would have had a better discount.

I love the car and I'm glad I purchased it when I did.

By the way, it sounds like you "stole" that car!:)

We are leaving the house in a few minutes to go pick up our 13 Torch Red GS 3LT 6 speed convertible. We bought it at Karl Chevrolet in Ankeny, Iowa. MSRP $72,900. Out the door price $59,800.

nice!

We are leaving the house in a few minutes to go pick up our 13 Torch Red GS 3LT 6 speed convertible. We bought it at Karl Chevrolet in Ankeny, Iowa. MSRP $72,900. Out the door price $59,800.

You and JJS did mighty fine as well. I'm real happy with my 13 GS but find 2 things irritating - 1) high tunnel heat when cruising in warm weather with windows down and not running the A/C. After about 1 hour, my right leg gets very hot. and 2) the tires are kinda worthless in temperatures less than about 55-60 degrees. Hard to get traction and the tires are easily spun even with part throttle. Problem also is that when they spin in colder weather, they want to "hop" and not just spin. Yes I know they're "summer tires". Both of these issues have been discussed here in the past many times. I went with the 3LT interior, as I wanted the Heritage Package's 2-tone interior, which was not available in the 4LT. Interior is red and black, to match the calipers and fender stripes.

Attachments

• 2013corvetteinterior2.jpg
    2013corvetteinterior2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 79
Those GS Vettes are gorgeous!

Well my funds are limited, so I ended up buying almost the exact same vette I had before (previous one was t-boned). Standard 2008 C6 black coupe, with 4LT options. Only lacks the high performance options. Fortunately it came with not only the stock targa roof, but the blue tinted sun roof as well with case.

side profile
B5457B56-0627-4876-9037-8B599DA2A1D9-7913-0000106066B8E09D_zps428aeee7.jpg

cockpit dash with NAV, HUD, Paddle AT, Premium Bose
A72846A8-BF2B-4600-8B89-6EDECDC58814-7913-00001060A81AACE0_zpse2ee28a1.jpg

cockpit seats
A8460EC0-6BEE-4984-ACD5-EC05C238E286-7913-000010607D4DCA20_zpsa530a68d.jpg

sun roof
EF8BFD51-7D9B-40B7-82B7-B90245A29728-7913-00001060AED6D390_zpsa963e089.jpg

put on chrome head lamp trim
503642A6-4140-4C77-8337-73E37033A3FF-9016-000011A8132B1B45_zps94674f2a-1.jpg

rear valance and tail light chrome trim
AB9C4F16-5BEE-435D-B8D9-595C12AF912D-2961-00000146C1F8BD9E_zps258c2f05.jpg

Price was right too

BTW… i cannot believe the center arm rest console doesn't have a courtesy light. Do the GS and Z models?
Found a nice 12v LED flat lamp that I will install once I find the right pressure switch.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom