Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

console repair kit...

C

coley

Anybody ever use a console repair kit?I got one from Volunteer Vette(fastest delivery I've ever seen)and I can't make head nor tails out of it,except maybe that my console is too far gone to use it...'76 4-speed...the tabs are gone and so is most of the plastic lip...anybody?

I did a search...couldn't find anything...it's the kit with the 4 plates-2 for each end of the console...they each have 4 small holes in the middle of the plate and a larger oval hole on one end that a j-clip supposedly attaches to...anyone?

My kit came with instructions. The four tabs glue to the underside of the console to replace the missing original tabs. J-nuts slip over the tabs and shifter plate trim screws go into them.

Easier to do if the console is out of the car. Use your shifter plate to help align the metal brackets while the glue dries.

:)

Thanks,Mike...I got instructions too,but they were incomplete...I never thought about taking the console out-after I did that it all seemed to make sense-got it fixed-thanks again!Coley

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom