Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Controversial Corvette topics

Coupe VS Vert

The need of a vacuum advance and heat soaked starters. ;LOL

About as necessary as "muffler bearings"

I think that the biggest one is about "correctness". That is, NCRS standard or modified? The related topic is driven vs garage queen, or whether the Corvette is an automobile or an investment work of art.

Threads We Never Want to See Again

Warren,

One of the first topics I ever started was "threads we never want to see again". Some of the topics I listed included:
  • What oil filter do you use?
  • Which air filter is the best?
  • What tire pressure is correct?
  • Which replacemnet batttery should I buy?
  • What's the best spark plug for my car?
Man did I ever get "tourched". It got so bad that I had Moderators trying to bail me out. It seemed that no one bothered doing a "search" on their topic. Instead they just keep posting the same old over worked topics believing that they were actually the "first" person to make the inquiry. If you really want to get a good one going try this one. "Do C4's go in the snow". As I recall some folks even made off color remarks about certain peoples family heritages.

Remo:cool

Type of oil, synth. vs "dino", always seems to touch off a spirited discussion on any automotive / MC forum.

How about:

"John Kerry wanted to drive a C6...no one would let him !"

"George W. Bush drove a C6...the rest is history !"

Less filling / tastes great

Sometimes, products are discontinued. Take the Mobil 1 oil filter that I use for instance. It was discontinued earlier this year and if a newbie doesn't come and we just tell him to get that oil filter, he would've gone to look in vain and would be disappointed.

If we blast newbies for not using the search engine, we're not sending a very good message. We're straying away from the purpose of helping people, which is what a great deal of this site is for. Why would they come back if all we said is, "Use the search engine."? And why would they recommend the site to their friends if we took that attitude with them.

Products are discontinued and people have different experiences with them.

cat.gif

pass the
pop.gif
this is getting good.

:w
Guy

I’m surprised no one mentioned…

Which exhaust sounds better

or
Run flats or no run flats (or any other tire thread)

Best Looking

C1-C2-C3-C4-C5-C6? The original question was not to come up with new ones although that's fine too, but what ones generate a hot debate.

Amen!!

Hi To All,

The most important question any Vette Guy needs to ask:

Do I take the Blond, the Brunette, or the Redhead? ;LOL :_rock :s :crazy

Blue Borg Brian 1 of 58

Unless you are that old, then its: the Grey or the Blue. :crazy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom