Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Convertible Top

safety_match

Corvette
1990 Bright Red roadster
Is there any reason why a later model convertible top (with glass rear window) could not be installed in a '90 roadster that originally has a plastic window? I can only imagine that it shouldn't make any difference with any year C4...the top itself should be the same.

thanks

Nope. It's a fairly routine deal.

Do a search on this forum and check your catalogs. You'll find quite a few vendors who sell the parts.

Raise your decklid, feel around under the carpet on the right hand side near the upper front of the wheel house, very close to the manual release lanyard, and you'll see the harness for the window heater.

airbus,
Are you sure that you don't have to purchase a kit to add the top with the glass window? I am ready to change the top on a 91 to a rear glass. The kit is about $400.00. I don't want to purchase it if isn't necessary.

Thanks,
Randy

Yes, you have to buy the kit.

I only pointed out the harness because you have to have power for the glass window and Chevrolet has already provided it for you.

Dude, I just noticed you're from Waxhaw. You know any folks from JAARS?
We just buried my uncle there last month. He was a mech at JAARS since 1964.

airbus,
I know a few people from Jaars. I don't remember anyone that had died that I knew. Sorry. They do good work. Not many people know where Waxhaw is much less Jaars. Thanks for the info.

Randy

Check out this place www.convertibletopguys.com for some nice tops. I think I am going to get a new top for my 64 here. I want to go with the more modern material, not the original vinyl type.

Thanks but the convertibletopguys don't offer a top with the glass back window...

CORVETTE INTRODUCED A CONVERSION OPTION WHICH ALLOWED OWNERS TO INSTALL DEFROSTER GLASS REAR WINDOWS. WE DO NOT OFFER THE GLASS OPTION ON TOPS IN THE 86-93 YEAR RANGE. THE TOPS WE OFFER HERE HAVE PLASTIC REAR WINDOWS WHICH ARE ELECTRONICALLY WELDED INTO THE FABRIC.

but appreciated anyway

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom