Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Convertible Wind Deflector??

Nut

Corvette
Vette-less for now
The wife spent this summer whining about her hair and the wind in her ear while running at hwy speeds with the top down. Since It's far cheaper to look for some type of wind/air deflector than it is to replace the wife (and watch the lawyers saw my Vert in half along with the boat and all my motorcycles).... has anyone had any success with the wind deflector(s) that are sold by various aftermarket suppliers? If so, which ones. If not, I'm going to continue to look stupid with one window up in the middle of the summer or even stupider with her wearing her full face motorcycle helmet. Help!

As they say...... "happy wife = happy life." :L

.......... nut :D

Hi Bob,

I haven't seen a C5 with a wind screen but do see them occasionally on the C6. As you would expect, they are not my cup of tea, but I have heard some wives think they make a difference. Can't attest to it, though. ;)

Elaine

The wife spent this summer whining about her hair and the wind in her ear while running at hwy speeds with the top down. Since It's far cheaper to look for some type of wind/air deflector than it is to replace the wife (and watch the lawyers saw my Vert in half along with the boat and all my motorcycles).... has anyone had any success with the wind deflector(s) that are sold by various aftermarket suppliers? If so, which ones. If not, I'm going to continue to look stupid with one window up in the middle of the summer or even stupider with her wearing her full face motorcycle helmet. Help!

I don't know if it's available for the C5 Vert, but we've got this acrylic wind deflector on our 2010 GS and it works GREAT!! Also, it lights up at night and glows the same blue as the car...

DSCN0308.jpgDSCN0311.jpg2012-04-25_19-47-11_692.jpg

I know that they work well, and I have seen tests on them that proved they do, but I don't remember where I saw it.

I would buy the one that looks best to you installed (and of course is easy to set up and take down) as anything that blocks the wind from coming back at you is going to work fine. My wife just wears a baseball cap when she is with me, but I do agree with you: half of something is better than half of nothing........ Good luck with it. :)

I know that they work well, and I have seen tests on them that proved they do, but I don't remember where I saw it.

I would buy the one that looks best to you installed (and of course is easy to set up and take down) as anything that blocks the wind from coming back at you is going to work fine. My wife just wears a baseball cap when she is with me, but I do agree with you: half of something is better than half of nothing........ Good luck with it. :)

Mine wears her baseball cap too...... but it's her Lexus cap and not a Corvette cap. Then I have to explain all that too. hahaha :L
Thanks for all the replies.

..........nut :D

Wind Screen

Nut,

I have had the Wind Screen now for a few years, money well spent. I had the very same issues with my wife, now we both enjoy the ride with no back-draft of wind and also, less wind noise in the cockpit. I have included some pictures below.

Enjoy,

PaulV

Paul..... THAT is exactly what I'm looking for. I'll keep digging around until I find that model. And I love your rims too!!!!

Nut,

I have had the Wind Screen now for a few years, money well spent. I had the very same issues with my wife, now we both enjoy the ride with no back-draft of wind and also, less wind noise in the cockpit. I have included some pictures below.

Enjoy,

PaulV

Paul..... THAT is exactly what I'm looking for. I'll keep digging around until I find that model. And I love your rims too!!!!

Nut hat's the one Cruzer99 had on his,He said his worked great!:thumb

Last edited:
Nut,

I have included a link to the Ecklers site, they have 2 styles, a new version of the original (similar to mine) and the newest version. Also, the newest version can remain installed even when the top is up. The other style must be removed to raise the top.

Paul

Corvette Wind Break, Convertible, Black, 1998-2004 - Corvette Parts And Accessories

Corvette Wind Restrictor, Clear Or Tinted, Convertible, 1998-2004 - Corvette Parts And Accessories

Thanks Paul. It'll have to wait until after Christmas since I already greased up the wife to get me a new 36 gal 175psi Air Compressor for the garage. Guess it'll have to be a Merry Christmas to me gift.

Thank Junk for the link. Long time no talk.

later................ nut :D

Thx to all for your replies.

I have an '03 AE vert... LOVE my Vette Net!!!!!VA cruise @ Templeton Landing 017.jpg and its almost invisible..great people to deal with too! Good Luck!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom