Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

cool car show today

Corvette
1965 Coupe L76 / 1978 L82
went to a really nice car show today.
This show is held every year at the Hagley Museum which is a DuPont facility. Hagley is the site of the gunpowder works founded by E. I. du Pont in 1802. This example of early American industry includes restored mills, a workers' community, and the ancestral home and gardens of the du Pont family. This is where the entire DuPont company started in the US. It covers 235 acres and is a beautiful setting for one of the nicest car shows in this area all year.
This year there were about 600 cars, trucks, and motorcycles there ranging from 1902 on up.
Unfortunately, unlike previous years, I wasn't able to have my car in the show this year but I still went to enjoy the sights.

There were a lot of C1's, a few C2's, a good number of C3's there among all the other great cars.

Enjoy the pictures but understand that these pics only give a very small hint of the size and scope of this show and the cars that were there on display. :)

http://69.253.166.197/page1/page41/page195/page195.html

Looks like you had a good time and the weather was on everyone's side....nice pictures Barry.
Thanks for sharing :upthumbs

Everything from classics to Corvettes. What more could you ask for. Great pictures Barry.

Nice pictures.....I like the mid year with the big diameter rims(65/66) and the engine pic
It looks like it was a very nice car show.....quite a variety and very nice quality of the cars
Tom

thanks all :)
the cars at this show are typically spectacular and many are cars that go to and take top honors at such Concours events like Amelia Island in Fl.

Tom, I assume you mean the Lamborghini Orange '66. Personally I'm not into the modern large diameter rims on the older cars with very few exceptions but I do love the deep dish look. he managed to squeeze a very wide rim on that car! Well, tubbing helps to do that I suppose... :)
Actually I guess it's the modern look of the larger rims I don't like as opposed to the larger diameter. If it's a more vintage looking style rim though I like it.
A few months ago I was at a show and saw a beautiful '65 GTO that was lowered 2" with 18" rims but the rims were very vintage looking - very much like the Halibrands found on the GS's or Cobra's and the car looked awesome. :beer:

Did you have to wear a collared shirt,

Years and years ago I used to drive a truck in the five burroughs of New York and had a monday pick up all the way at the end of the island. So I went out on a saturday night to spend the day sunday. To make a long story short I seen signs for a car show ,So I follow them out to this country club only to be told I could not attend as it was a collered shirt event.

I have never in my life been to a show with those big old classic pepble beach cars. I would like to but never had the chance

As always thanks and your web site has come along way great job

no Larry, just went in jeans and one of my Corvette club T-shirts. it got pretty warm, should have worn shorts.
Nothing "fancy" about the show except for the location and some of the cars :beer:

Looking forward to another show this coming up weekend put on by Mark's (VNV) corvette club. It's in Ocean City, NJ and gets about 300 or so Vettes. The cool part about it is that we get to drive and park the cars right up on the actual boardwalk for the entire day!
What more could you ask for - a lot of cool Vettes, at the Joisey shore, right on the boardwalk. :)

i'll get pics of that show too abd post them up for you guys

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom